Collection Specialist- August 12th StartApply Now
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services for private and government clients. Headquartered in New York state, we employ more than 1,000 professionals and are the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, NY. We offer excellent growth opportunity for those who work hard, like to celebrate personal and team achievements, and enjoy the occasional opportunity to share your time or talent through company sponsored community events.
As a Collection Specialist with Pioneer, you may support one of several collections contracts and will be eligible to earn at least $15.50/ hr in total cash compensation, PLUS incentive bonuses!
PCR Collection Specialists ENJOY:
- Paid Time Off- Up to 3 weeks in your first year, and up to 4 weeks in year 2!
- Business Casual Dress code
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 a year!
- Monthly contests with cash and prizes awarded
Additional Benefits Include:
- Performance Based Scheduling- Make your own hours!
- 401k with company match up to 5%
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage- Effective September 1st when you start on August 12th!
- Employee Wellbeing Programs: Cash incentives for participation in activities
- View our benefits www.navientbenefits.com
- 3 Weeks of Paid Training. Our Training Department was awarded the Training Top 125 Award 2018 from Training Magazine!
- On-Site Charity Committee- Get involved with the local community, participate in fun onsite and offsite charity events.
- Annual Summer Picnic at Darien Lake
- Charity Golf Outing
With PCR our Collection Specialists Will:
- Communicate with defaulted student loan borrowers by telephone (inbound and outbound) to ensure full repayment or arrange acceptable payment arrangements and providing excellent customer service.
- Assist borrowers with resolving student loan debt through loan consolidation, loan rehabilitation, or cash collection when appropriate.
- Problem solve and perform due diligence functions to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations while always adhering to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy and collection laws, both state and federal
Paid Training - 3 Weeks Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.
Mon-Fri: 3 days 8am-5pm, 2 evenings, one 10 am - 7pm and one 12pm - 9pm.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- PC experience in a windows environment required
- Basic keyboarding skills required
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
- Prefer previous Customer Service or Sales experience
- Previous Collections experience is helpful but not required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are helpful but not required.
- Ability to learn company collections computer system and phone system
- Negotiation, counseling and problem solving skills
- Strong listening skills, ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Persistent, ability to overcome objections, ability to remove barriers
- Goal Oriented, and seeks to consistently meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Team player
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.