Collection Specialist- January 7th Start!Apply Now
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services for private and government clients. Headquartered in New York state, we employ more than 1,000 professionals and are the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, NY. We offer excellent growth opportunity for those who work hard, like to celebrate personal and team achievements, and enjoy the occasional opportunity to share your time or talent through company sponsored community events.
As a Collection Specialist with Pioneer, you may support one of several collections contracts with hourly pay of no less than $15.50 in total cash compensation, PLUS Bonus potential.
Our Collection Specialists are responsible for:
- Communicating with defaulted, past due and delinquent student loan borrowers by telephone (inbound and outbound) and written notices to ensure full repayment or arrange acceptable payment arrangements and providing excellent customer service.
- Assisting borrowers with resolving outstanding student loan debt through loan consolidation, loan rehabilitation, and/ or cash collection when appropriate.
- Problem solving and performing due diligence functions to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations while always adhering to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy and collection laws, both state and federal.
Our Team Enjoys:
- As a Collection Specialist with Pioneer, you may support one of several collections contracts with hourly pay of no less than $15.50 in total cash compensation, PLUS Bonus potential.
- Business Casual Dress code- wear your jeans and sneakers everyday
- Bilingual Skills? Receive HIGHER PAY/ hour after our paid training.
- Advancement Opportunity - we promote 100% internally for leadership roles.
- 8 Paid Holidays- immediately eligible
- Tuition Reimbursement- immediately eligible, up to $5,250 a year!
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events - End of Month Celebration, fun contests with amazing incentives!
- Performance Based Scheduling - flexible scheduling!
- 401k with company match up to 5%
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employee Wellbeing Programs: Cash incentives for participation in activities
- 3 Weeks of Paid Training
- On-Site Charity Committee-Support your local community with fun onsite and off-site charity events.
- Annual Charity Golf Outing
- High School Diploma/ GED/ equivalent
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous Customer Service or Sales experience
- Previous Collections/Dept of Education Collections experience is helpful but not required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills helpful but not required.
and problem-solving skills
- Strong listening skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to overcome objections
- Goal Oriented, and seeks to consistently meet or exceed daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.