Invoicing SpecialistApply Now
Founded in 1991, Gila offers business process outsourcing focusing on revenue enhancement services. We serve state governments, transportation authorities, municipal government entities and other public entities, using a technology platform that delivers exceptional customer service. GILA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient Corporation. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Southwest OH, Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com
Why Join Gila?
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits that start the 1st of the month
- Generous Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k with Company Match, Tuition Assistance and more
- Career Growth
- Our office is conveniently off US-183 and Highway 290
Handle day to day invoicing procedures, reconciliations of client invoices and communicates with clients as needed regarding invoicing related issues. Generates review and reconciles invoices for accuracy. Process month end closing for Invoicing.
1. Accounts Receivable
- Generates and manages the accounts receivable aging report in accounting and collection system, to include regular follow-ups on outstanding AR.
- Ability to perform various business tasks, including data entry, creating spreadsheets, communicating invoice related issues to management and resolving customer accounts receivable and payment problems as they relate to invoicing
- Prepares, reviews & submits electronic payment data thru specific data transmission methods accurately and on a timely basis, Invoice and payment submittal reconciliations as needed
- Process A/R payment posting and GL entry preparation in accounting system
- Posts invoice payments received by client to MSB's AR database in the collection system and updates appropriate tracking logs to reflect payment receipt on those balances
- Effectively & professionally communicates with clients & staff at all levels; Establishes, maintains and manages relationships with clients and their accounts in a timely and accurate fashion
- Participates in month end closing
- Process Account adjustments in both collection and accounting system, prepare GL entries and Prepare End of Day posting balancing
- Process over payment checks, client check corrections, and positive pay.
- Cash management and related treasury functions such as multiple bank accounts activity monitoring, process check stop pay, void and reissue functions
- Process ACH payments to multiple clients daily, weekly, Semi-monthly and monthly accurately and timely.
- Input credit and debits to the accounting system in support of the receivable and payables work
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Update and maintain daily revenue tracking reports for management team
4. Project Work
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the Billing manager or Senior Accountant
- Assist with other accounting projects Assist with various Audit requests and participate in gathering documentation, compile detail data such as accounts, payments and invoices trace and testing.
- Maintain and create SOPs as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Advanced Excel experience
- Proficient MS Office and with Adobe PDF
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or Business
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.