TEMPORARY Customer Service RepresentativeApply Now
Do you enjoy research and problem solving? Do you enjoy talking to and helping customers by phone?
Navient has immediate openings for temporary, Customer ServiceRepresentatives, training class begins Monday, September 28th
Join Navient as a temporary work-from-home Customer Service Representative at $17.00/hour plus bonus. The duration of this temporary role will last up to 12 months, depending on business need. Computer equipment will be provided!
This new role will be fast paced managing inbound and outbound calls and performing data entry related to a new program. You will assist customers by researching their account and providing prompt and accurate information in a courteous and professional manner.
Please Note: Applicants must reside within 1-1.5 hours of Arcade, NY, Perry, NY or Horseheads, NY
Virtual Training Hours will vary and fall within the following days/hours:
Monday-Friday: 8 am-5 pm EST
Full-time schedules will vary and fall within the following days/hours:
Monday-Friday 8 am- 7:30 pm EST
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicants must be NY residents & must be located within 1-1.5 hours of Arcade, NY, Perry, NY or Horseheads, NY
- Experience in servicing customers with professionalism, diplomacy and consideration for the customer’s requests or concern
- Some completed college coursework will serve as substitute for work experience
- High speed internet access (Minimum 1MB upload speed, 5MB download speed)
- You must use an ethernet cord and be hard wired into your server from the router/modem. You will not be able to use Wi-FI or a hot spot.
- Landline phone or cell phone
- Must be able to download an app on a Smartphone or tablet
- Private workspace or home office free of distractions and outside noise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, ability to maintain an in-depth understanding of the training curriculum
- Excellent PC and internet navigation skills
- Efficient time management skills
Prior experience in a high-volume call center preferred
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan