Application Support Engineer IApply Job ID 5369723 Location Fishers, IN
The Application Support Engineer I supports telephony systems through maintenance, modification, and problem resolution to provide ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. May provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for initiatives. Provides training and technical assistance to more junior associates
Design and deploy Unified Communications platform
- Configure, install, test and -deploy new environments.
- Provide direction to ensure stable solutions that follow industry best practices.
- Work with customers to understand requirements and design solutions to meet business goals.
- Manage vendor professional services involvement for new projects.
Maintain stability, performance, and availability of Communications Platform
- Resolve support issues and engage vendors as needed.
- Maintain system stability by applying system updates, patches and hot fixes.
- Work with business leaders to track and resolve critical issues.
Manage critical issues and outages, providing 24 hour support for customers
- Serve as primary point of contact for telephony issues.
- Provide regular updates on critical issues.
- Engage and escalate with vendor as needed.
- Work with internal support teams to quickly resolve issues
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area)
- 3 yrs. Software-based telephony experience.
- Must have a proven history of implementing and troubleshooting telephony systems or software applications using best practice techniques.Stong knowledge of Unified Communications.
Other Helpful Education or Experience:
Microsoft Lync technologies, Microsoft Exchange; MS Office 365; Genesys PureConnect (formerly known as Interactive Intelligence CIC) platform, MSSQL Server experience, T-SQL, .NET, Windows Server, Powershell.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a proven history of implementing and troubleshooting software applications or telephony systems using best practice techniques. Experience with Genesys PureConnect platform (formerly known as Interactive Intelligence CIC) with Interactive Intelligence CIC Certification(s) preferred.
- Exposure to Interactive Intelligence or Microsoft Lync tools
- At least one certification within software-based telephony platform
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.