Application Support Engineer IIApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Application Support Engineer II resolves complex application issues, fulfills requests, and is a resource for projects. The Application Support Engineer II will work closely with peers, management and customers to understand business needs and find the best solutions to the incidents and requests at hand. This individual will support project efforts and longer-term engagements which are in-line with platform vision.
Essential Functions of the Application Support Engineer II:
1. Handling routine and complex issues reported by customers
- Investigate, Resolve, Document and or Escalate incidents reported
- Execute requests and change tasks
2. Manage stability, performance, reporting and availability of Voice/Data Networks platform
- Work closely with Plan and Build teams to establish Voice/Data Network strategic direction
- Monitor the performance of the communications platform
- Escalate to management concerns and opportunities
- Evaluate technologies and products to support business application needs
- Align closely with other IT areas as extended team members for solution working and collaboration
- Contribute to design of Voice/Data Networks platform architecture to support and integrate call centers
3. Handling routine and critical communications outages
- Serve as first level of escalated issues
- Analyze communication infrastructure issues as expert on Voice/Data Networks platform working with other infrastructure teams such as SQL and Windows teams
- Carry on-call responsibilities to support enterprise communications infrastructure as defined
4. Mentor junior staff; Work with vendors, clients, and employees effectively
- Train junior staff. Assist as necessary with problem resolution
- Manage vendor engagements to timely and acceptable resolution
- Document process and procedures for common issues and requests for continual reference
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area of study OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum
- 5+ yr. – Experience implementing and troubleshooting telephony systems or software applications using best practice techniques OR additional equivalent education above the required minimum
- 3+ yr. – Microsoft Skype/Lync Technology Administrative experience OR additional equivalent education above the required minimum
- Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Genesys PureConnect platform, MSSQL Server experience, T-SQL, .NET, Windows Server, OOP, C#, PowerShell
- Mastery of Unified Communications tools and at least two certifications
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.