Bilingual Customer Care Specialist IApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Opportunity to join our team as a Bilingual Customer Care Specialist I in our training classin our Fishers location starting August3rd!
We are committed to providing expert guidance to our clients and customers on their journey to financial success! Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. Choose Navient as the next step in your career! Be proud of where you work, be proud of your career - join Navient!
As a Bilingual Customer Care Specialist, the pay is $13.67 per hour plus a bilingual differential of $1.00 an hour after successfully completing training and the assessment with benefitsstarting the 1st of the month after you are hired! Some of which include:
- Eligibility for monthly performance bonus
- 3 weeks of PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Business casual environment
- Optional pet insurance
- Local employee discounts
The Bilingual Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing quality customer service and account resolution to customers, endorsers, and co-makers via incoming or outgoing phone calls. This position may also utilize approved resources and internet sites to obtain location/contact information for consumers. A goal of the specialist is to answer inquiries from customers, reduce delinquency, secure payments, and counsel customers on available repayment options and deferment options.
- First 4 weeks is paid training - hours; M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Shift is one of the three below. The business will advise shift assigned during training. Shift will begin approximately when training is over.
- Mon - Tues: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm; Wed - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; one Saturday per month from 8 am - noon
- Mon, Tues, Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Wed - Thurs: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm; one Saturday per month from 8 am - noon
- Mon, Fri: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm; Tuesday- Thursday: 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Six months to one year customer service or collections experience or 2 year or 4 year degree
- MUST be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Training will be the first 4 weeks and is mandatory from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Must have excellent PC skills and ability to operate in a business environment
- Ability to handle high volume of calls in a stressful, fast paced environment
- Must communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to listen and "hear" the customer's concern so that the appropriate response is given
- Demonstrated ability to perform mathematical calculations in order to determine proper delinquency of loans utilizing last payment dates, monthly payment amounts, interest rates and payments received
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional conduct in a business environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team, people, and results oriented environment
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely using proper grammar
- Ability to handle difficult or irate customers professionally and calmly
- Effective listening and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with ability to set and execute on priorities
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of PC applications with ability to work with multiple screens and interfaces
- Ability be flexible with scheduled work hours
- Must develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of student loan servicing processing
- Position requires extensive use of computer
- Ability to sit in one place for long periods of time
- Must be able to obtain 5C level security clearance (facilitated during new hire process)
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
- Student lending, banking, or financial aid
- Call center experience a plus
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.