Business Systems AnalystApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for implementing and supporting the principles and processes that comprise Navient’ s standard business analyst methodology. Key functions of the role will include responsibilities of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, and validation phases typically within a business area or moderately complex project. Interpreting the needs and requirements of the business and working with various areas to understand and develop requirements and analysis deliverables to support the projects selected systems development lifecycle or maintenance processes. Works with both technical and business teams to translate needs and requirements. Leads teams/efforts in business design analysis for a project.
Essential Job Functions:
Business System Analysis
- Development and documenting of larger business system design and functional specifications
- Analyze business user needs to develop solutions, with the overall goal of improving business processes, efficiency and end-user self-sufficiency.
- Creating and maintaining conceptual systems design documentation, test scripts, release plans, problem and change process flow and issue resolution logs.
- Gather, compile and synthesize information with regard to business processes or systems.
- Recreate and document system software deficiencies through the testing process and daily interaction with the end-users. Recommend solutions for deficiencies.
- Leading smaller business systems design segments
- Leading 1-2 systems/teams in analysis
Developer and Test Support
- Supports Development resources by answering questions, performing additional analysis
- Supports Test execution by researching and dispositioning defects
- Provide guidance on what should be tested by providing key scenarios
Leadership Throughout Business Process Lifecycle and Application Development
- Oversees small projects through all lifecycle phases
- Coordinating communication and handoffs between phases
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Computer Technology or a related field OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience working in Application Development additional equivalent education above the required minimum.
- Proven experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process,
- Must have business experience, understand business drivers and able to translate business needs into workable project plans.
- Good organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple small to mid-range projects, priorities and people while ensuring business objectives are met.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people including IT technical analysts and architects, IT Managers/Directors and business unit management.
- A highly motivated self-starter. Ability and willingness to work flexibly, under pressure and able to meet deadlines without prompting.
- A team player who understands how to build consensus and ensure assigned tasks and deliverables are being completed.
- Ability to produce high quality results in a dynamic work environment that involves numerous system and business process changes, new service/product development, regulatory changes, and volume fluctuations.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility. Must personally be able to set a great example and embrace and quickly adapt to change.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to identify the root causes of problems and develop solutions to eliminate re-occurrence.
- Good decision-making skills. Must be able to make good business decisions using factual and sometimes limited data.
- Experience with Agile methodology and standard SDLC methodologies
- Experience with Clarity PPM tool Clarity
- Experience assessing and documenting business processes and requirements.
- IIBA CBAP certification
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.