College InternApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The intern will provide support to one of the various teams in Information Technology. This will include hands on experience working in application design and development, direct exposure to IT Infrastructure and Operations, and/or Information Security support. This IT internship program gives a unique opportunity to work with a diverse and talented team of I.T. professionals.
Through the I.T. summer internship, interns will have the opportunity to:
Explore our organization through a series of professional development, networking and business acumen sessions. Develop essential competencies and skills through a short training and meaningful assignments. Network with senior leaders and colleagues through mentoring and volunteer events. Discover the functional areas of the company. Contribute to a short term project in each area they participate.
- Some of these positions will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
- Some college -- coursework in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technology related field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or a university undergraduate studies with GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must be available 5/20/19- 8/2/19.
- Must be self-motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal/written communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent administrative skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and web-based applications.
- Multi-tasking skills and attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent analytic skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to work independently with high level of initiative.
Based upon the area, experience or knowledge of any of the following are a plus:
- ITSM knowledge
- Computer programming experience
- Database administration / fundamentals understanding
- Basic infrastructure(server, network, and database) understanding
- General IT troubleshooting
- Web design experience
- SCCM experience
- Project Management tools
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.