Director, Application Development (Payment Processing)Apply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com
The Director of Application Development is responsible for directing, organizing, and budgeting activities of the engineering teams to design, develop and test software solutions to support business product objectives. The position will lead the engineering teams by embracing an agile software development life cycle to provide fit-to-purpose software solutions. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with business partners through clear and consistent engagement and communications.
The director will help assess the needs of the business and look for innovative opportunities to develop and grow the business through effective use of technology. He/she will investigate feasibility of new technology related requests along with determining best ways to integrate to existing solutions. Based on the breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, they collaborate with other teams to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are needed.
The director will also focus on building a strong team and culture. They will ensure the team is able to adapt to changes in business and technology needs through training, coaching, and mentoring. He/she will continually work to maintain employees with a growth mindset that values transparency, collaboration, and delivering value.
Essential Job Functions:
- Product Delivery
- Team Management
- Product and Technology Roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree - Technology or Business Preferred – additional equivalent experience may substitute for degree
- 8+ years of IT and business/industry work experience with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- 4+ years departmental and project budgeting, forecasting, financial monitoring, and reporting, required
- Profound understanding of Agile; Scrum, Kanban and DevOps based software development methodologies
- Experience managing both internal team and external consultants to deliver planned initiatives with strong project and program management discipline
- 2-4 years’ experience supporting financial institutions and specifically payment process including, but not limited to, business understanding of credit card processing, ACH processing and associated regulatory and business rules.
- Experience with integrating payment solutions within web, IVR, customer service solutions and backend engines.
- In-depth experience of banking reconciliation business functions
- Industry business understanding and experience in Financial Services, Revenue Cycle Management and/or Transportation preferred
- Experience in leading agile adoption and transformation
- In-depth understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) approaches, quality assurance best practices such as Behavior Driven Development
- Experience developing and deploying applications to Cloud infrastructure (Azure preferred)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.