Internal Auditor IApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com
Navient’s Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects, and risk and control education. Audits and reviews are focused in many areas such as information technology, operational, and regulatory compliance, as well as company governance and financial functions. To support the audit process, our team strives to automate testing where possible and perform testing on large datasets with the use of computer-aided audit techniques or data analytics.
With the direction of the Senior Auditor and/or Audit Manager, the responsibilities of the Internal Auditor include: (1) Assist in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related audits. (2) Assist in the planning, scoping, design, creation, and execution of attribute testing, queries, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data to assist the Internal Audit team in the performance of specific audit testing. (3) Ensure all assigned test work is properly performed using the appropriate data analysis tool and adequately documented in accordance with the department’s policies and procedures and IIA standards. (4) Understand, track, assess, and communicate, both orally and in writing, any deficiencies or exceptions noted during testing. (5) Provide assistance with special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as necessary.
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years of auditing/accounting, information technology, information security, or relevant work experience
- Experience working in Internal Audit, Data Mining/Analysis, Data Research and Quantitative Analysis, Risk Management, or Regulatory Compliance function
- Experience with information technology, information security, and operational risk and controls practices
- Experience in a Public Accounting environment
- Financial services and/or student loan experience
- Experience in all or some of the following desired:
- Analysis and presentation of data
- Working large and complex data files
- Development of analytics, documentation and report writing.
- Database management systems and relational database structure
- Exposure and knowledge of the following tools:
- R/SQL/SAS/Python/Excel (VBA)/Other statistical programming languages
- Tableau/Other data visualization programs
- UiPath / business process automation tools
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.