Internal Auditor IApply Now
Navient's Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects, and risk and control education. Audits and reviews are focused in many areas such as information technology, operational, and regulatory compliance, as well as company governance and financial functions.
The Internal Auditor I - with the direction of the Senior Auditor and/or Audit Manager will (1) Assist in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related audits. (2) Complete assigned test work and summarize results in workpapers in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures. (3) Understand, track, assess, and communicate, both orally and in writing, any deficiencies or exceptions noted during testing. (4) Provide assistance with special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as necessary.
Our office is conveniently located across the Toll Road from Reston Town Center and is equipped with a work out center, on site cafeteria, and is situated directly adjacent to the Reston metro stop opening in the future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Execute fieldwork and perform audit testing using appropriate sampling techniques and data analysis including the use of computer aided audit techniques.
* Communicate progress, findings, and results of assigned test work to Internal Audit Senior and/or Manager timely.
* Complete detailed workpapers that are well organized, cross-referenced, well-supported, and thoroughly self-reviewed.
* Review business unit controls and management's self-assessment testing. Perform control test work as needed.
* Understand and follow Navient's Internal Audit policies and procedures and IIA standards.
* Accurately record and track time spent on audit and administrative activities.
* Seek additional work and assist other team members, as needed, in order to achieve department goals and objectives.
* Assist in the execution of special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as needed.
* Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures, including Internal Audit policies and procedures.
* Remain current in profession and industry trends.
* Make a positive contribution by making suggestions for improvement and prioritizing continuous personal growth.
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 0-2 years of auditing/accounting or relevant work experience
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
* Experience working in Internal Audit, Risk Management and/or a Sarbanes-Oxley or regulatory compliance function
* Experience in a Public Accounting environment
* Financial services and/or student loan experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Sound interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task varying priorities and meet deadlines
* Experience with planning and executing assigned tasks efficiently and effectively
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Ability and willingness to travel out of town on a periodic, as needed, basis (approximately 30% of the time)
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge in all or some of the following:
- R/SQL/SAS/Python/Excel (VBA)/Other statistical programming languages.
- Tableau/Other data visualization programs.
- Advanced Excel features and techniques
- Microsoft Access with SQL