Internal Auditor II - ITApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
Navient’s Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects, and risk and control education. Audits and reviews are focused in many areas such as information technology, operational, and regulatory compliance, as well as company governance and financial functions.
With the direction of the Senior Auditor and/or Audit Manager, the responsibilities of the Internal Auditor include: (1) Assist in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related audits. (2) Complete assigned test work and summarize results in workpapers in accordance with Internal Audit’s policies and procedures. (3) Understand, track, assess, and communicate, both orally and in writing, any deficiencies or exceptions noted during testing. (4) Provide assistance with special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as necessary.
With the direction of the Internal Audit Senior and/or Manager, assist in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related internal audits.
- Execute fieldwork and perform audit testing using appropriate sampling techniques and data analysis including the use of computer aided audit techniques.
- Communicate progress, findings, and results of assigned test work to Internal Audit Senior and/or Manager timely.
- Complete detailed workpapers that are well organized, cross-referenced, well-supported, and thoroughly self-reviewed.
- Review business unit controls and management’s self-assessment testing. Perform control test work as needed.
- Understand and follow Navient’s Internal Audit policies and procedures and IIA standards.
- Accurately record and track time spent on audit and administrative activities.
- Seek additional work and assist other team members, as needed, in order to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Assist in the execution of special projects including System and Organization Controls (SOC) testing, administrative activities, and special investigations as needed.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Make a positive contribution by making suggestions for improvement and prioritizing continuous personal growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 1-3 years of auditing, information technology, information security, or relevant work experience
- Experience working in Internal Audit, Risk Management and/or a Sarbanes-Oxley or regulatory compliance function
- Experience in a Public Accounting environment
- Financial services and/or student loan experience
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.