Leave Administration SpecailistApply Now
The Leave Administration Specialist will manage all leave of absence processes, and provide support and guidance in the development and effective administration of the programs, policies, and procedures. The Leave Administration Specialist is responsible for responding to employee inquiries in a timely, accurate, and effective manner. The incumbent is also responsible for documenting and communicating any necessary actions to the appropriate party(s) and updating HR, Employee Relations and Management, as necessary. The Leave Administration Specialist will follow established procedures to provide a high level of customer service to all inquiries. The position will handle sensitive or complex processes, and work closely with subject matter experts, as appropriate. The Leave Administration Specialist will also concentrate a portion of their time on the continued improvement of leave of absence processes, utilizing and leveraging automation and technology as applicable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer and manage the leave of absence process [short-term disability (STD), family medical leave (FML), ADAAA, workers compensation, and long-term disability (LTD)].
- Identifies and researches difficult issues related to leave of absences (LOA).
- Interprets FML, STD, LTD, workers compensation, and ADAAA plans, programs, policies and procedures for employees and provides advice and recommendation for remediation of escalated issues and plan / process improvements.
- Conduct STD billing reconciliation and processes, tracks, and invoices benefit premium payments to all employees on a continuous leave of absence.
- Act as a liaison between employees and third-party STD/LTD administrator and ensures all applicable paperwork is received.
- Promotes the use of on-line tools and assists employees in accessing and using these systems.
- Processes employee status changes in HRIS and case management systems .
- Answers questions, provides standard policy/procedural information, and performs routine problem resolution or referral on matters pertaining LOA.
- Follows up with department representatives as necessary to ensure resolution of problems involving incomplete, inaccurate, or non-compliant documentation.
- Make suggestions to update, simplify and enhance work and assist in the creation of processes, procedures, knowledge bases, and other reference materials as appropriate related to duties.
2. Customer Service
- Provides ongoing communication of approved and applied LOA to management and employees.
- Provide responses to inquiries from employees, management, HR staff regarding FMLA, STD, LTD,
- Extreme Emergency leaves of absence, workers compensation, and ADAAA leaves of absence requests.
- Independently applies procedures, policy manuals, knowledge base and other reference materials to assist in answering employee/manager inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of any personal or sensitive data.
- Participate in drafting communication materials and programs to educate HR team, employees, and managers about company programs, procedures, and leave of absence.
3. Process Improvement
- Proactively provides suggestions for continued use and improvement of self-service modules, process improvements, and HR information.
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems, processes & procedures in moderate scope and complexity.
- Analyzes LOA programs and plans from a variety of HR disciplines to optimize and re-engineer for streamlined effectiveness and reduce administrative burden.
4. Documentation/Data Management
- Complete Human Resources related transactions utilizing various systems: HRIS, Employee Relations case management system, and vendor systems as required.
- Develop leave administration procedures and updates to HR Knowledge tools and resources.
- Runs and creates reports as requested pertaining to leave of absence.
- Makes suggestions for continued use and improvement of self-service modules.
- Maintains and updates documentation tracking systems and databases; ensures proper recording, approval, and filing/disposal of all documents received in accordance with established policies and procedural guidelines.
- Receives, verifies, and enters individual data/documentation into the Human Resources Information System and case management system to resolve issues. Ensures accuracy of all on-line data entered.
- Reviews procedures and documents pertaining to day to day processing actions, verifying for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with established policy and procedural requirements.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
- Some college in HR or related field; equivalent work experience may serve as a substitute.
- 2+ years experience in a Human Resource position, including experience administering leave of absence.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of HR, Benefits and Payroll processes.
- Experience with HRIS required.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Persistent follow through on assignments.
- Customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal/written skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner.
- Excellent ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver oral and written communications and operating procedures.
- Ability to work as a team member including the ability to be flexible with changing priorities based on the business need.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively complete work amid distractions.
- Ability to manage employee data, utilizing an automated human resources information system.
- Ability to accurately enter and manage sensitive computer data and manual records.
- May require a U.S.A. security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation.
- Extensive knowledge of all employment laws, including FMLA and ADAAA.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- A positive approach to customer service.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously)
- Advanced computer and typing skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter and self-manager.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a larger team, and have high levels of flexibility to change.
- PHR / SPHR Certification
- Knowledge of California Leave Laws
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish preferred)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.