Legal Recovery Coordinator, PC Post Default OpsApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Legal Recovery Coordinator within Portfolio Management shall coordinate between various Navient departments for the delivery and maintenance of required media (documentation) to our external legal vendors to ensure timely filing of lawsuits. This position also provides as it relates to media a point of contact for external legal vendors for special and urgent requests in coordination with Navient’s bankruptcy and litigation unit. The person will need to possess an average understanding of civil litigation processes and rules of civil procedure. The skills are necessary to ensure adequate coordination of Navient departments and delivery of media packets.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of media on a default portfolio selected for litigation between Navient departments and vendors
- Appropriately submits new procedures for approval to Agency Manager or Navient management to affect an efficient transfer of media between Navient departments and vendors.
- This person would also manage media for commercial clients that have elected litigation.
- Efficient creation of legal media packets
- Responsible for overseeing the media transfer of defaulted Navient Private Credit portfolio and the Commercial clients.
- Responsible for collecting fast and collecting it correctly since operation and compliance are entwined and go hand and hand.
- Responsible for working with legal vendors to create a media reporting package in consultation with the Agency manager and various other Navient departments.
- Work directly with agency manager and Navient legal counsel to resolve suits brought against Navient and its attorney network vendors, including at time possibly acting as a witness on Navient’s behalf.
- Support relationship management for all external legal vendors.
- Necessary account documentation related to media on company platforms such as PCCPM, DMS, FDR, CLASS, and CARES
- Leverage IT enhancements to manage media
- Ensure customer service levels and expectations are met or exceeded
- Responsible for making decisions or recommendations concerning media and litigation in general
- Some College – Legal studies or paralegal
- 1-2 years of experience in default recovery, collections, and Portfolio Management
- 5+ years customer service and/or business operations environment
- Leadership experience in a high volume, highly automated processing operational unit
- Excellent knowledge of FDCPA,
- Average knowledge of PCCM, DMS, CLASS, FDR, CARES, and Workflow
- Proven ability to manage vendor relationships, including contract negotiations
- Proven ability to create and maintain a work environment that promotes productivity and quality while maintaining positive employee motivation and high morale of staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Presentation/public speaking experience in small and large groups
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.