Processing SpecialistApply Now
Specialist are responsible for timely processing of routine incoming telephone calls, inquiries and correspondence received on defaulted accounts from borrowers, collection agencies, attorneys, and other Navient departments.Responsible for routine operational processing including but not limited to, cease and desist reviews and processing, OCA/CSI research requests, settlement offer reviews, dispute research, fulfilling media requests, affidavit processing, processing department reports, status reconciliations from the collection agencies, deceased borrower processing, reduced interest processing and research, co-borrower releases, managing internal compliance audits.
1. Responsible for processing department reports.
a. Pending settlement reviews on the SP report
b. Pending co-borrower obligation releases on the NS report
c. Reduced interest queries using reports from compliance
d. Various MIR generated reports from Inventory Mgmt.
e. Deceased processing scrubs and results
f. Fraud processing of results from the fraud unit
g. Status reconciliations from the collection agencies
2. Responsible for timely response to the collection agency inquiries received via e-mail and incoming phone call
a. Settlement arrangements and Co-Borrower release offers
b. Balance inquiries
c. Request for media
d. Dispute research
3. Responsible for managing and monitoring inventory for the Default Portfolio.
a. Process inquiries from the collections agencies regarding recalls, reassignments
b. Process defaulted loan reassignment (DN to 8Z), Default Notice (DN), Repurchase closure, and/or Default Notice (DN) to Paid (PD) to Settled (SE).
c. Process all incoming mail
d. Process Workflow queue from PCA.
4. Responsible for researching and responding to all correspondence and telephone calls received on defaulted student loans (e.g. attorneys, the Public Inquiry Contractor (PIC), non-routine, and congressional inquiries.)
a. Review correspondence received with any supporting documentation
b. Retrieve and review all necessary borrower account records from IDC
c. Respond to all inquiries and disputes via telephone and/or letters
d. Update Delinquency tracking, as necessary and forward copies to correspondence to IDC
e. Communicate with credit bureaus, attorneys’, Ombudsman via telephone or in writing regarding disposition of a defaulted borrower’s account.
5. Responsible for the processing and maintenance between PCCPM, CLASS and FDR.
a. Complete required processes to ensure systems remain in sync
b. Work exception reports
c. Daily processing to update loans accordingly
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an office setting to include basic knowledge of computers; or Some College and one year of experience working in an office setting to include basic knowledge of computers
- Must have the ability to research borrower accounts to help resolve outstanding requests
- Demonstrated good math skills
- The ability to work with details, analyze data, and resolve problems.
The ability to work independently within restrictive deadlines.
Some knowledge of the use of various PC programs
Some knowledge of reviewing and interpreting account histories and statement of purchased accounts helpful.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in the appropriate use of English, including grammar, punctuation and spelling
Excellent organizational and problem- solving skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple workloads and tasks.
Knowledge of policies utilized in the servicing of education loans is a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.