Senior Test Automation EngineerApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
The Sr Test Automation Engineer collaborates with architects, developers, and business analysts to plan, design, and develop test automation in support of Test automation and Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) pipelines. Develops test automation for integration, regression, load, layout and functional testing on systems to ensure compliance with system requirements, business practices and policies. Assists in the analysis of functional and technical requirements and the development of test cases for new and or modified systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Test Planning & Execution
- Design and implement robust and scalable test automation solutions within a CICD environment to establish fully automated load, layout, functional, regression, and system tests
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in agile settings to understand business requirements to develop test automation
- Streamline continuous test processes to improve product delivery
- Develop scripts to perform comprehensive automated testing on multiple platforms including web based and mobile
- Develop and maintain reusable components, functions, and libraries to reduce maintenance and increase efficiency and scalability.
- Lead medium to large testing projects including developing the test schedule, coordinate project testing communications, design and generate status reports, and keep project on schedule.
- Participate in project requirement and design reviews of proposed new features or product changes.
- Prepare test data for projects.
- Communicate impacts of defects to testing progress and assist development engineers in replicating defects and finding solutions.
- Assist in scheduling and defining resource needs for testing.
- Train and mentor other project team members
- Serve as a subject matter expert for product testing.
- Perform duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or a related field OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum.
- A minimum of 7 years of overall IT Experience or additional equivalent education above the required minimum.
- 5 years of experience in Test Automation
- Experience implementing cloud native test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with Git repositories using Azure DevOps, GitHub, Bitbucket or equivalent
- Advanced analytical/quantitative, reconciliation, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Skill in mentoring and training less experienced staff
- Strong experience in test automation frameworks like Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, Percy, SuperTest, Mocha, Chai, Mochawesome
- Experience in test automating Rest and SOAP APIs
- Experience developing automation functional/regression scripts across various browsers and breakpoints.
- Experience in using Load testing tools like LoadRunner, JMeter and Blaze Meter
- Experience with test management tools such as Azure Test Plans, Jira, Micro Focus ALM/Octane
- Ability to adhere to Software Engineering disciplines
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
- Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
- Skill in exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decision.
- Working knowledge of payment industry standards and practices including PCI DSS and PA DSS compliance
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer
- Understanding of Test Automation tools and frameworks that facilitate Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.