Software Engineer IIApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Responsible for intermediate-level, moderately complex coding, testing and research for small and medium assignments. May lead small projects.
Essential Job Functions :
- Design, code, debug, test, document and maintain moderately complex applications software.
- Write unit test plans and perform test runs.
- Research and resolve production problems.
- May perform small to moderate degree of business analysis and/or technical analysis.
- Perform system migrations.
2. Project/Release Activities
- Participate in design sessions and assist with design for small to medium projects.
- Attend project/release meetings to learn and understand process.
- May lead small projects.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or related discipline (Additional experience may substitute)
- 2 years of experience in Application Development (Additional education may substitute)
Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to multi-task.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S citizenship
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.