Sr. IT Compliance Project ManagerApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr IT Compliance Project Manager/Analyst is responsible for the management of selected IT Compliance projects and initiatives, developing project implementation strategies and helping deliver best-in-class enterprise wide IT Compliance programs to assist ensuring that corporate information systems and assets are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Manages information security audits conducted by both internal and external auditors and coordinates with IT and Information Security personnel and team leads. Plans and manages the delivery of enterprise IT Compliance solutions in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This includes defining project scope, project planning and tracking, establishing priorities and approach, and developing management communication strategies.
The Sr. IT Compliance Project Manager/Analyst also participates in the development and execution of control test plans for assigned critical processes and associated integrated controls (including Sarbanes-Oxley). This includes the identification of related issues and remediation tracking and validation. The position requires knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as NIST (e.g. NIST Publication 800-53), FFIEC, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, IRS Publication 1075, IRS Publication 4812, and other applicable regulatory frameworks. They are responsible for working with IT areas to ensure critical processes have been appropriately analyzed and documented.
Additional responsibilities of the Sr. IT Compliance Project Manager/Analyst include defining related IT Compliance reporting and benchmarking metrics, managing IT compliance related issues, developing dashboard strategies, implementing statistical and management reporting methodologies, and IT relationship management. The position is responsible for various requirements as they relate to defined boundaries. The Sr. IT Compliance Project Manager/Analyst is required to become knowledgeable of boundaries currently supported by the company, and the process to maintain an authority to operate (ATO). Additionally, this position will be involved in other projects as assigned that may be regulatory, security, IT or risk related.
Essential Job Functions:
1. IT Compliance Project Management / Audit Coordination
2. Issue Management and Reporting 3. Test 3. 3. Test Planning and Execution
4. IT Compliance Policy Management
5. Project Work
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum experience in Information Technology, Information Security, Compliance and/or auditing/controls testing
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to meet project due dates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Ability to recognize/analyze/and document deficiencies and articulate those deficiencies to key management personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to work independently with high levels of initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- FISMA/NIST, FFIEC, HIPAA, GLBA, IRS Pub 1075, IRS Pub 4812, and/or PCI regulatory framework experience and knowledge
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.