Sr Mgr Systems ProgrammingApply Now
The senior manager is responsible for managing a team of 10-20 full time and contract technical resources. This includes workload management, staff development, oversight of technical solutions, and support activities. In addition, building strong relationships with both IT and business leadership is key. This position will be based out of Fishers, IN but require 75% travel to Austin, TX.
- Team Management: Provide leadership and direction to the systems programming team, Identify and provide opportunities for staff growth and development, Perform quarterly feedback sessions and annual performance reviews, Create annual staff goals that drive business value, reduce costs, and maintain compliance and hold staff to those goals, Provide leadership for technical evaluations, Ensure all technical recommendations are sound and support business requirement, and Prepare business cases for technical acquisitions.
- Ensure best practices adhered to regarding app dev processes: SDLC, Documentation, Peer reviews, Source code management, Release management, Change management, Communication management, Risk management, Issue management, Ensure appropriate testing processes are in place, Ensure Information Security/Compliance policies and procedures are understood and followed, Ensure corporate policies and procedures regarding application development are understood and followed, Work with teams to create user stories and plan sprints, and Ensure latest development practices and methodologies are reviewed to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Workload Management: Standardize capacity planning process, Create and maintain a workload model, Understand and work within prioritization and demand management processes, Set work goals and priorities, Review work progress and identify opportunities for improvements, and Resolve workload and staffing conflict
- Budget Management: Prepare and manage departmental budget, Participate in the preparation of the multi-year forecasts, and Identify opportunities for staff & technology efficiencies as well as financial improvements.
- Department Leadership: Participate in setting goals and objectives for the Infrastructure Department, Participate in setting departmental priorities, Lead departmental projects as required, Provide on-call support as scheduled and/or required.
- 10+ Years of proven experience leading open systems application development teams
- Understanding of SDLC
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, including SCRUM.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Financial systems development experience preferred
- Able to perform capacity planning.
- Able to management cross-functional projects.
- Ten years of technical team management of 10 members or more.
- Able to create and manage budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work without direction