Sr Software Engineer- JavaApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for complex coding, testing and research for medium to large assignments and/or multiple small to medium assignments. The Sr Software Engineer may also serve as technical lead on large projects.
Essential Functions of the Sr Software Engineer:
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Design, code, debug, test, document and maintain complex applications software.
- Write unit test plans and perform test runs.
- Research and resolve production problems.
- May perform moderate to high degrees of business analysis and/or technical analysis.
- Perform system migrations.
- May mentor lower level programmer/analysts including answering questions.
2. Project/Release Activities
- May serve as technical lead on project.
- Interacts with technical team and business unit on regular basis
- May serve as mentor to lower level Programmer/Analysts.
- Answers questions from lower level Programmer/Analysts.
4. Perform other duties as assigned
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or related areaOR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum
- Minimum of 5 years software application development experience OR Masters degree and 3+ years software application development experience OR additional equivalent education above the required minimum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional programming experience in Java required.
- Familiarity with Kotlin programming language.
- Familiarity with Ant, Tomcat, JBOSS, XML, SAX, DOM Parsers, Struts, Junit, Maven, Spring, Spring MVC, SpringBoot, SoapUI, Perl, Cucumber, Selenium and JDBC/SQL is a plus
- Experience doing Java development in any IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ or Net Beans is preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL, and familiarity with object-relational mapping concepts such as Hibernate.
- Familiarity with client-side frameworks, such as Angular and React.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as TFS, Git, and SVN.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins and TFS.
- Familiarity with authentication/authorization protocols such as active directory, OAUTH, LDAP and tools like Okta.
- Familiarity with letter template solutions such as OpenText xPression, OpenText Exstream, Messagepoint, or Quadient Inspire.
- Must understand the full software development cycle.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.