Technical Analyst- App Dev (Full Stack)Apply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels.
We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Technical Analyst will be a full-stack developer who will work on internally and externally facing websites, backend application development, and database development. This individual will be required to work with the business and IT areas to develop solutions from design to implementation
- Analyze the system requirements for medium-to-large scale projects. May work individually, with other areas within Information Technology, and with Business Analysts to evaluate, design, and construct solutions such as customer facing web applications, system integrations, etc.
- Analyze large project system requirements to provide architectural, system, and testing designs that satisfy business requirements
- Plan, develop, and perform Unit Tests and System Integration Tests to ensure requirement traceability and a minimal defect environment
- Maintain awareness of standards, guidelines, generally accepted best practices and industry trends related to infrastructure, application architecture, and Information Security
- Develop and maintain IT technology and other application development artifacts
Business Customer Engagement/Relationship Management
- Work with internal and external business users to analyze requests and the initial definition of changes to the business functions
- Help business partners to understand scope, feasibility, risk, and cost of requested capabilities (and suggest alternatives where applicable)
- Maintain professional peer relationships across the organization
- Provide analytical oversight on multiple IT projects simultaneously
- Participate in special projects requiring a blend of technical and business expertise
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related discipline). Additional equipment may be in lieu of education for a total of 11 years of experience.
- 7 years of overall IT experience
- 5 years of experience in Solution Architecture or Application Development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a medium-to-large enterprise environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of technical infrastructure (servers, database, storage, network)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and related frameworks (Scrum)
- Familiarity with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools such as SSIS
- Familiarity with enterprise reporting tools (SSRS, Crystal, Tableau)
- Familiarity with robotic automation tools (PEGA, K2)
- Knowledge of IT-related security and compliance regulations (PCI, FISMA, FedRAMP, Pub 1075)
- Applicable industry certifications are a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills and communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and design complex system within a minimum timeframe
- Ability to mitigate complex issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to work independently while keeping team informed
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- A tolerance for change and desire to keep up with latest technology advancements
- Aptitude for picking up new skills in new technologies
- Willingness to cover periodic on-call rotation
- Occasional overnight travel may be required (less than 5%)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.