Payment Desk SpecialistApply Now
Founded in 1991, Gila offers business process outsourcing focusing on revenue enhancement services. We serve state governments, transportation authorities, municipal government entities and other public entities, using a technology platform that delivers exceptional customer service. GILA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient Corporation.
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Southwest OH, Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Payment Desk Specialist will be the first line of customer service providing assistance to customers with new account enrollment, account replenishment, account maintenance, payments, tag fulfillment, disputes, inquiries, taking payments, video billing/violation related matters. Additionally, this position will balance a daily cash drawer and balance overall account information. This position will be asked to assist with Special Events/Mobile Walk Up center assignment/events.
This position will be required to work onsite at Louisville, KY AND Jeffersonville, IN centers as business need dictates.
Why Join Gila?
- Excellent Benefits that start the 1st of the month!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k with Company Match, Tuition Assistance and more!
- Career Growth, Advancement Opportunity
- Provides excellent customer service
- Receives and counts payments from customers or defendants in person in the form of cash, check or money order
- Prepares receipts for payers and also ensures funds are secured
- Answers general customer questions regarding payment options based upon their unique account identification information
- Responsible for closing and securing the payment lobby
- Follows security protocols
- Completes data entry of account information
- Completes clerical tasks as needed
- Enters large volume of data into multiple systems
- Balances daily cash transactions
- Reports daily activities as needed to management
- Archives all daily receipt information onto a secure network for managerial review
Must have open availability between 7:45am - 7:00pm.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of direct customer facing contact in a retail setting, licensing setting, etc.
- 1 year of cash handling experience
- Experience working in professional office environment
- Ability to balance multiple daily totals to ensure customer payment accuracy
- Typing at 35 wpm or higher
- Ability to navigate Tolling systems. Ability to learn and have a comprehensive knowledge of toll processes
- Knowledge of windows operating systems
- Basic math skills
- Written and verbal communications
- Excellent customer service decision making and problem solving skills
- Regular attendance during regular scheduled business hours
- Ability to work in a Mobile Office providing tolling tags to customer in a non-office location(s)
- Ability to provide knowledge of the Tolling product, where the tolling product is accepted and possible upsell to EZPass
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan