IT Helpdesk Specialist - BPSApply Job ID 18882679048 Location Guaynabo, PR Company Name Gila
Founded in 1991, Gila LLC offers business process outsourcing focusing on revenue enhancement services. We serve state governments, transportation authorities, municipal government entities and other public entities, using a technology platform that delivers exceptional customer service. We empower talented employees with advanced technology, data management tools and leading-edge business practices to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Gila LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI).
Navient provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
We are currently seeking an Entry-level IT Helpdesk Specialist.
Starting Salary between $13-$15/hr
- Provide end-user support in a call center environment
- Work with vendors to resolve issues
- Install and repair servers, desktops and laptops
- Administer Windows desktops, including users, groups, policies, etc.
- Manage print queues
- Perform backups
- Support Interactive Intelligence VOIP Phone System, including predictive dialer.
- Troubleshoot end-user issues
- Maintain inventories
- Recommend new products, services, hardware and software
- Ability to analyze issues and drive them to resolution
- Ability to relate with technical and non-technical employees and vendors
- Ability to prioritize tasks and recognize opportunities to increase efficiencies
- Ability to facilitate a project from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Ensure that customer needs service levels are met on a daily basis
- Other job duties/responsibilities as assigned
- High School education or equivalent. A college degree preferred in Computer Science or related field
- Must have the ability to work after hours during maintenance times (Weekends/Late Nights)
- Windows 7/8
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R 2
- Linux Red Hat
- Active Directory
- MCSE/MCP and/or A+ certification preferred
- Supporting a Windows based network
Skills and Knowledge:
- Support experience in a commercial enterprise supporting a Windows based network.
- Experience with call center inbound and outbound phone system.
- Works well under pressure
- Regular attendance during regularly-scheduled business hours