Customer Service SupervisorApply Now
JOB SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Customer Service is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day call center operations for a team of Customer Service Agents and Team Leads. This team is responsible for addressing and effectively dispositioning both inbound customer service contacts as well as any outbound contact efforts. Duties include motivating, coaching, counseling, training employees, and problem solving. Additionally, the Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager, Customer Service with development, analysis, and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
1. Training and Development
- Provide side-by-side and group training sessions
- Facilitate team meetings on a regular basis
- Perform and maintain staff quality audits
- Implement and follow documented protocol procedures
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees
- Assist staff in meeting and exceeding daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
2. Analysis and Reporting
- Monitor employee performance individually, and as a department, escalate concerns to management as needed.
- Make recommendations to management concerning staff and improvement of procedures. Plan and develop improved procedures.
- Provide management and employees with data analysis of the phone system activity (average talk time, abandon rate, average time to answer) and reports.
- Provide monthly scorecards to the employees.
3. Customer and Client Satisfaction
- Establishes contact with escalated customers for the purpose of resolving their concerns
- Properly utilize the system applications for research of customer accounts
- Communicate with other departments, employees, and management to resolve problems and expedite productivity.
- Perform account research requests as needed
- Ensure quality of all customer service functions by completing random audits of new accounts, invoicing process, disputes, and appeal resolutions.
4. Other job duties/responsibilities as assigned
High School Diploma
- One (1) plus years of leadership experience preferably in a call center environment
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Business writing skills
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Strong planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Ability to effectively coach and motivate team members
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan