Sr. Accounting SpecialistApply Now
Be proud of where you work, be proud of your career. Join Navient.
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose Navient as the next stepping stone in your career.
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of business processing services to government clients, including citation processing, debt collection, and integrated parking and tolling customer service.
This position is Remote/Hybrid. Must be able to come into the Guaynabo, PR office as needed.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a Sr. Accounting Specialist for our Guaynabo, PR office. As a Sr. Accounting Specialist, you secure financial operations by monitoring and approving financial entries, audit reports related to payment receipts and lead accounting staff. This position also tracks every item in the bank statements and confirms with the accounting ledger.
- Oversight daily reconciliation processes done by other accounting specialists
- Verify daily cash deposits
- Ensures proper and accurate reconciliation of receipts in company’s accounting ledger with actual bank balance
- Monitor all banking activities
- Request and provide documentation to support all financial transactions registered in the bank statements
- Prepare monthly reconciliation package for service recipients
- Review and approve debit and credit adjustment requests
- Report customer service representative cash variances to staffing agency
- Provide input to managers regarding staff performance
- Communicate daily with the manager on daily workflow, pending items, status and other issues
- Assist manager to identify department needs
- Work directly with IT to inform, improve or solve any financial reporting issues
- Ability to meet client required deadlines
- Communicate with client to request funds transfer or any documentation regarding bank accounts
- Assist with client request when the manager is not available
- Ensure department workload is completed efficiently and that all department timelines are met
- Provide training to other department employees as directed by manager
- Notify manager of any potential situations when department metrics might be compromised
- Analyze workplace situations to determine means to increase employee’s efficiency
- Review and submit weekly escrow revenue reports to service recipients
- May need to attend to special meetings as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in accounting or related field (Bank reconciliations, receivables specialist, financial analyst)
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience as a supervisor in accounting or related field
- Strong analytic skills
- Must have leadership skills and be team oriented in accomplishing department goals
- Must have the ability to work in a fact paced environment while following policies and procedures
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills (Spanish and English)
- Must be detail oriented
- Must display problem solving skills even under stressful conditions and deadlines
- Must be organized and possess time management skills
- Must have proficiency/intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, filtering, sorting and data analysis)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.