Data AnalystApply Now
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements. We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems as well as physician's revenue cycle business.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Data Analyst to assists in logical and physical data base design and documentation for systems within Navient. The Data Analyst I is also responsible for providing metadata management and support. The individual supports the Data Governance Office (DGO) with metadata research and documentation.
1. Data Model Development.
- Work closely with senior staff and development teams to identify data requirements for the application and business processing.
- Responsible for developing logical and physical data model(s), to include developing the entity-relationship diagram (ERD), creating entity and data element business names and descriptions as well as defining data element valid values, type and length, and physical target names.
- Perform data normalization under the guidance of senior staff as well as working closely with the DBA to reach a consensus on the physical data base design.
- Generate DDL scripts for implementation by the DBAs using the data modeling tool.
2. Medadata Support.
- Respond to ad hoc requests regarding metadata information on the various systems supported.
- Responsible for metadata management duties including the enforcement of standards and naming convention.
- Update metadata documentation using the data repository tool.
- Assist with data rationalization efforts for the enterprise data repository.
3. Data Governance/Data Quality.
- Assist the Data Governance Office (DGO) in identifying, tracking and resolving DG and Data Quality (DQ) issues.
- Draft Data Standardization Templates for DGO review.
4. Customer Service.
- Work with clients to answer data, metadata and data model questions.
- Complete deliverables that are consistent, accurate, and follow all corporate naming conventions and guidelines.
- Commit to and meet deadlines in both quality and time.
- Maintain constructive user relationships to better manage customer expectations.
5. Project Management.
- Keep management informed of critical issues.
- Use corporate naming guidelines and standard abbreviations.
- Complete metrics and auditing information for reporting purposes.
- Bachelor's degree (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- 3+ years progressive IT experience (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- 2+ years direct experience in data management
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively
- Experience developing logical and/or physical data models with associated metadata
- Good understanding of data management concepts and principles
- Understanding of normalization techniques
- IT experience
- Structured analysis and design training
- Data normalization education
- MS Office proficiency
- ER/Studio or other data modeling tool knowledge
- Ability to translate business needs into workable data management solutions
- Analytical, teamwork, organization and time management skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.