Patient Business Services Representative IApply Now
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/
Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/
Xtend Healthcare is located just 20 miles north of Nashville, Tennessee; Xtend provides entirely
revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy
cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with
more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset
recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength,
stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business
process outsourcing capabilities.
This position serves as Patient Business Services Representative in the Business Office service center providing a variety of financial and clerical support functions to ensure the optimal operation of the department to include posting financial transactions; debits, credits, process refunds, etc. as needed, as well working specific work queues related to Revenue Cycle operations.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, account review quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business).
- Accurately perform transactions and postings in multiple systems following standard work guidelines Post payments, adjustments, process refunds.
- Print and send claims Demonstrate knowledge of hospital systems, internal systems and general accounting principles.
- Assist with queues related to Discharged Not Final Billed, Collection Review, Letter Series audits, Self-Pay review, etc.
- Perform basic auditing functions, assisting leadership with special projects related to achieving project.
- Work Standards Maintain proper work queue management and process, acting where needed per Work Standard guidelines.
- Ensure all accounts are worked within client’s project standards.
- Follow regulations outlined by state, federal, and third-party coverage procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service experience preferably in an office or call center environment (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Experience with Hospital and/or Physician business office operations preferred
- Experience with Insurance payers (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Workers Compensation) preferred
- Financial transaction experience in banking, accounts payable or receivables preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality
- Proficient use of hospital registration and/or billing systems, and Microsoft Word and Excel software applications
- Ability to follow regulations outlined by state, federal, and third-party coverage procedures
- Ability to model the basic values of the mission, vision and values of Xtend Healthcare and the client
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
- Ability to post transactions in multiple systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan