Sr. Software EngineerApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
The Sr. Software Engineer will actively participate in the analysis, development and implementation of software solutions for our clients. This includes analysis of systems and business specifications, development of solutions via programming, documentation of methods, and coding, testing, correcting, and revising applications/programs. Key skills will include application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development.
- Design and implement robust software solutions
- Coordinate and ensure software solutions adhere to define business requirements and rules
- Develop using industry standard patterns and procedures
- Only use approved technologies when developing systems and adhere to department, industry and regulatory standards
- Provide support for your solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution. Take pro-active ownership of support tasks and see them through to completion
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization. Work within project timelines and budgets. Be able to organize own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using ASP .NET C# and SQL Server
- Troubleshoot development and production issues as required
- Provides technical leadership for all software development projects
- Assist in vetting other developer’s code
- Writing Unit tests
- Consult with other team members, managers regarding status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan solutions and/or modifications of an existing system.
- May serve as mentor to lower level Programmer/Analysts.
- Answers questions from lower level Programmer/Analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area or related STEM field (additional equivalent education above the required minimum substitute for the checked level of experience)
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- 3 + years’ experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Ability to deploy frontend and backend development using Microsoft .NET
- Understanding of SDLC lifecycle
- Ability to use SPA frameworks like Durandal in a production capacity
- Ability to design and build REST JSON APIs
- Ability to work with large datasets and data visualization
- Ability to work with Task-based or Inductive User Interface design
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like TeamCity
- Ability to use Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer
- Ability to use Message Queueing Systems, e.g. RabbitMQ, MSMQ
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Experience with T-SQL
- Ability to work with relational database concepts, and n-tier application design
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Understanding of SOA
- Expert analytical skills
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and has the ability to quickly grasp business needs and issues quickly
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- Subject to in-person supervision during working hours
- In-person interaction with co-workers and supervisors
- Regular attendance during scheduled business hours
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.