VP & Chief Operating OfficerApply Now
Xtend Healthcare serves clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
XTEND is looking for a Vice President & Chief Operating Officer. This position is to provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure XTEND has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people in place to effectively work our customer’s inventory. Establish operational efficiency across XTEND’s services in insurance, self-pay and coding specialties. Collaborate with management to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of XTEND.
Responsible for directing and managing operations, training, planning and strategic direction to support business objectives for the company's revenue cycle solutions. The position is responsible for improving performance and revenue by improving processes while maintaining optimum service levels and quality for XTEND’s hospital customers. They will create/maintain operations requirements and manage all the XTEND service centers. The candidate will also interface directly with customers, partners, and suppliers to collaborate with internal business teams and management to develop and manage operational plans. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships.
This position will be responsible for recommending, developing and implementing operational plans and policies to ensure attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. The COO is responsible for the effective management of customer interactions resulting in the optimization of performance and supporting obtaining new business.
- Manage 500+ employees across Insurance, Self-pay, and Coding divisions.
- Manage to expense, revenue and collection targets.
- Apply collection strategies and activities to achieve company and client loss goals.
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
- Ensure adherence to federal regulations and company standards.
- Manage or participate in enterprise projects and committees.
- Master's degree or equivalent in related field (Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education).
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive professional experience in operational management with special emphasis in healthcare revenue cycle operations.
- Extensive knowledge of operations for Hospitals, Physician and revenue outsourcing services usually obtained by a minimum of 5-7 years in a senior management position.
- Profit and loss experience required.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving experience.
- Must have business experience, understand business drivers and be able to translate business needs into workable project plans.
(Additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience).
- Hospital administration experience including responsibility for patient access, business office billing and collecting and health information management
- Healthcare or service center operations experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and follow through
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to network and communicate with individuals at all levels of Navient
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation creation skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.