During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Accountant is responsible for accounting and reporting functions related to the Company's various capital markets transactions. This includes maintaining accounting systems, booking journal entries, reconciling the general ledger, resolving issues with Treasury back office, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards, maintaining a strong controls environment, and analytical reporting and reviewing of results. This job requires flexibility in work hours and mandatory overtime during peak periods
Essential Job Functions:
1. General Ledger Accounting
- Prepare accounting entries for new transactions.
- Prepare accounting entries relative to the processing of invoices received relative to the Company’s borrowings.
- Prepare accounting entries for inter-company Revolving Credit Agreements.
- Prepare G/L reconciliations for all accounts related to the entries mentioned, above.
2. Complete reconciliations and record all capital markets transaction activity
- Reconcile accounting system to cash transfers
- Sub-ledger account reconciliation to general ledger
- Review and complete monthly account reconciliations in PeopleSoft Tracker
3. Maintain accurate records in Principia
- Coordinate the input and approval of new deal settlements.
- Review all deal changes as implemented by Front and Back Offices for accuracy and adherence to developed structures
- Ensure that invoices are uploaded into Principia timely and are reconciled to the inventory of invoices outstanding.
4. Monthly/Quarterly Reporting
- Review and maintain various excel spreadsheets used for monthly/ quarterly analysis and reporting of monthly/ quarterly results, including servicing asset accounting
- Prepare quarterly reporting used to support disclosures included in SEC Forms 10K/Q
5. Complete stat entries, participate in controls testing and ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, Finance, Economics
- 0-2 year of accounting/finance experience or back office/middle office experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- General Ledger software (e.g., PeopleSoft, etc.) experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.