Accounts Payable SpecialistApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing Check Requests, Employee Expense Reports and Purchase Order Invoices. Incumbent reviews and audits the payment requests for compliance with corporate procurement and authorization polices. All employee reimbursements and vendor payments must be processed timely and accurately. The incumbent is responsible for completing G/L account reconciliations, identifying 1099 applicable vendors, applying appropriate sales and use taxes, researching and resolving vendor inquires; assisting employees with expense report reconciliations, assisting with month-end and year-end accruals, maintaining accurate vendor files and other projects as assigned.
PeopleSoft 8.8 and Excel experience necessary. Incumbent will adhere to Corporate and Accounts Payable Internal Control Procedures. Incumbent should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Excellent communication, analysis, and organizational skills are required. The incumbent will need to be comfortable with multiple projects and varying deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Processing Payment Requests
- Prior to processing review and audit payables for compliance with policies
- Identify 1099 applicable vendors
- Apply appropriate sales and use tax to vendor invoices
- Process payments timely and accurately
2. Customer Service, Research & Problem Solving
- Provide assistance to employees and vendors. .
- Complete vendor inquiries and perform research as requested.
3. Analyze Expenses and perform G/L Account Reconciliations
- Set-up month and year-end accruals
- Determine if general ledger account numbers requested are accurate
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance – equivalent experience may substitute for degree
- 1+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or Accounting
- Attention to detail
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.