Internal Auditor I - HybridApply Now
At Navient, our mission is to enhance the financial success of our customers by delivering innovative solutions and insights with compassion and personalized service.
For our employees we offer an entrepreneurial environment, rich with opportunity and reward.
We are a service-oriented, fast growing company, and invite you to join our talented and diverse team.
This a Hybrid position in the Herndon, VA or Fishers, IN Office
Navient’s Internal Audit department evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements for Navient, its subsidiaries, and significant vendors.
- We provide an independent and objective perspective to management, our Board of Directors, and investors.
- We are professionals with diverse experience, certifications, and backgrounds.
- We bring a fresh perspective to our role, utilizing our collective experience and exposure to add value.
- We utilize data analysis and data visualization to accomplish our audit testing and facilitate constructive discussions on audit results.
- We learn every aspect of Navient’s business, processes, and technology, allowing our team to gain critical skills and knowledge to drive success.
- We ask questions and challenge the norm.
- We use tools and technology to streamline and maintain efficient audit processes.
- Our internal clients seek out our opinion and proactively engage our team on risk and control matters.
- We collaborate with each other, our internal clients and risk partners (Legal and Compliance), and executive leadership.
- We are stronger together, respecting each other’s diverse experience and unique viewpoints.
The Internal Auditor I is responsible for: (1) Assisting in planning and executing audit testing (2) Supporting audit team members with auditee interviews, including contributing to the conversation with thoughtful questions and assisting in notetaking, (3) Identifying opportunities for the use of data analytics during audit testing (4) Ensuring all assigned test work is properly documented within required deadlines (5) Communicating, both orally and in writing, any deficiencies or exceptions noted during testing. (6) Providing assistance with special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Statistics
- 0-2 years of auditing/accounting, compliance/risk management, quality assurance/control, or relevant work experience
- Experience working in Internal Audit, Data Mining/Analysis, Data Research and Quantitative Analysis, Risk Management, or Regulatory Compliance function
- Experience with information technology, information security, and operational risk and controls practices
- Experience in a Public Accounting environment
- Financial services and/or student loan experience
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.