Sr. Tax Analyst (Tax Provision)Apply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr. Tax Analyst Position is responsible for assisting the Director of Tax Provision with all aspects of the federal, state and international tax provision function.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year-end tax provision processes
- Prepare quarterly and year-end reporting packages including tax expense, current provision, deferred rollforward and 10Q/10K tax disclosures
- Prepare quarterly ASC 718 Stock Compensation tax schedules, journal entries and disclosures
2. Assist with separate company tax provisions
- Prepare separate company tax provision calculations and disclosures
- Reconcile separate company tax accounts and prepare tax entries as needed
3. Assist with the review and testing of internal controls to ensure compliance with SOX
- Assign controls and prepare lead sheets and testing summaries
- Perform testing as assigned and review testing performed by others
4. Prepare book-tax differences as assigned
- Prepare book-tax difference calculations for 10K disclosure and quarterly estimated tax payments
- Process monthly tax premium for book-to tax premium difference calculation
5. Complete special projects as assigned
- Assist with tax compliance process as needed
- Assist with tax purchase accounting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with large-size accounting firm or Corporate Tax department
- Experience with tax accounting under ASC 740
- Ability to work independently to prepare current period workpapers based on review of prior period workpapers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Masters in Accounting/Tax, CPA
- Experience with Financial Institutions
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision system and/or Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Workday and/or Oracle Cloud
- Experience with tax compliance software, preferably ONESOURCE Income Tax
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tax rules
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.