Sr. Tax AnalystApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Senior Tax Analyst will be primarily responsible for assisting in the preparation of all federal corporate and partnership returns (including supporting workpapers) for Navient and providing support in other areas of the federal income tax compliance function.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare/review federal book-tax differences on a quarterly/annual basis
- Calculate quarterly federal estimated tax payments/annual return extension payments
- Support state/local tax compliance function as needed
- Calculate annual federal return-to-provision true-up
- Analyze and reconcile federal income tax accounts
- Prepare EIN applications, Forms W-9, and similar filings
- Assist in testing internal controls
- Assist generally in the tax reporting process
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting or similar
- 3-5 years of federal tax compliance experience with large-size accounting firm or corporate tax department
- Experience with work requiring high level of attention to detail
- Facility with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft
- CPA and/or advanced degree
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.