Insurance Specialist II - Remote (Hawaii Resident)Apply Now
About Xtend Healthcare
Xtend Healthcare is a revenue cycle management company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The company's services range from full revenue cycle outsourcing, A/R legacy cleanup and extended business office to coding and consulting engagements. As part of Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI), Xtend taps the strength and scale of a large-scale business processing solutions company. Learn more at www.xtendhealthcare.net
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE - WORK FROM HOME. MUST RESIDE IN HAWAII.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for an Insurance Specialist II who will be responsible for review and resolution of outstanding insurance balances on hospital or physician patient accounts. The Insurance Specialist will be required to have flexibility to learning and comprehending complex hospital systems and keen analytical skills to evaluate appropriate next steps to bring aged account receivables to resolution. They will ensure cash recovery goals are met and assigned hospital receivables are appropriately addressed according to company, client and federal guidelines.
1. Effectively manages assigned insurance receivables to achieve business line expectations.
- Meets productivity standards as outlined by business line.
- Achieves a minimum of 85% work quality scoring and accuracy on all accounts worked.
- Completes timely follow-up on assigned accounts to ensure no cash loss.
- Meets monthly cash expectations as set out for assigned client receivables.
- Ensures insurance accounts are resolved within 90 days of placement.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work with some oversight to meet outlined goals.
2. Perform account research and route accounts through appropriate client workflows.
- Ability to understand, navigate and perform research of account within client host systems.
- Exceptional understanding of patient accounting systems allowing for ease of transition and learning of new systems as needed by business line.
- Clearly documents actions taken and next steps for account resolution in patient accounting system
- Ability to navigate billing system to perform basic claim billing functions.
- Clearly prepares appeals for payment to insurance company when appropriate.
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain high quality account handling per client standards.
- Work within federal, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications.
4. Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management.
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine.
- High school diploma
- 1 year in hospital AR and billing on health plan claims (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Basic computer skills to include MS Office apps: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Epic system experience
- RelayHealth claim management
- Physician/Clinical Billing on health plan claims
- Payer (health plan) experience
- Ability to work independently and be productive in a remote environment
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan