Manager, Insurance OperationsApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients. Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS POSITION WILL BE ON-SITE WITH CLIENT AT KUAKINI MEDICAL CENTER IN HONOLULU, OAHU, HAWAII.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for an on-site Manager of Insurance Operations. This position will be responsible for the project level management of operations, training, planning and strategic direction to support business objectives for the assigned Xtend Healthcare Insurance Operations Client(s). The incumbent is responsible for improving performance and revenue for Xtend Insurance Operations by improving processes while maintaining optimum service levels and quality. The incumbent will oversee insurance collections operations for specified client(s), managing operations teams from multiple locations to include local client sites, service centers, and offshore delivery teams. The candidate will also interface directly with multiple client representatives, outsource partners and suppliers and collaborate with internal business teams to manage growth plans.
Responsibilities will also include recommending, developing and implementing operational plans and policies to ensure attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. The Manager is responsible for the optimization of performance and effective employee and client management and communication, assisting as appropriate in obtaining new business when requested. The Manager will oversee the generation of comprehensive reporting and analysis tools including performance metrics and productivity reports with long term trending models to support business decisions and strategic direction.
- Primary duties include management of client specific Insurance Operations practices for Xtend Healthcare.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of multiple direct reports. Responsible for making decisions or recommendations concerning hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or other changes of status for employees under his or her supervision
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
1. Department Management
- Establishes a communications process with management and supervisory staff, facilitating direction and operational stability.
- Communicates and reports all client and internal performance objectives to ensure compliance with center, corporate, and client goals.
- Provides and demonstrates effective leadership and soft skills in managing operations to ensure attainment of departmental performance measurements and goals.
- Provides interface with other corporate departments regarding operations marketing, programming, human resource and all other pertinent issues.
- Disseminates information regarding the corporation, industry, competition and other relative issues to management staff. Implements methods designed to effectively gather and assess customer feedback.
- Prepare regular executive reviews and briefings as required.
- Monitor individual and departmental performance objectives.
- Direct improvement strategies when objectives are not met.
- Coach team members on effective insurance collections techniques necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Analyze productivity, inventory, and quality report results to formulate action plans for continuous performance improvement.
2. Strategic Planning
- Manages strategies and work efforts on active inventory.
- Responsible for structuring efficient work and information flow throughout the department resulting in the attainment of revenue goals.
- Partners with Information Technology to identify, design and deploy top flight technology for improved service, reporting and representative efficiency.
- Create reporting tools that show key performance metrics and productivity with trending to support business decisions and direction.
- Reviews performance data and measures productivity and goal achievement and determines areas that need improvement to ensure attainment of revenue and profitability targets.
- Partners with other departments to ensure a thorough understanding of the servicing area in order to design and implement highly effective and efficient customer service strategies.
- Identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling and implement strategy to hone those opportunities.
- Create an enthusiastic, fun, and exciting service environment through continual interaction with each team member, initiating contests and providing incentives.
- Consistently maintains constructive relationships with co-workers and members of management.
3. Budget Management
- Produces and manages project related departmental budget.
- Manage budgetary information to ensure accurate cost allocation and adherence.
- Recognize items/issues that have budgetary impacts and act accordingly to minimize or eliminate.
- Write detailed requirements and cost benefit document to support need.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare or related field (Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education).
- 7 + years of experience working in an insurance collections environment exceeding expected performance levels (Additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Minimum 5 years of Management/Supervisory experience in insurance collections, managing multiple operations sites, and offshore operations management
- Successful track record leading and developing direct reports
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office products
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative and self-direction
- Proven experience leading strategic initiatives with both direct and indirect reports
- Prove knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements
- Firm understanding gained through either education or experience of the entire hospital revenue cycle operation, consulting experience and participation in sales opportunities a plus.
- Strong Collection and Customer Service Aptitude
- Effective team building, coaching and leadership skills required.
- Possess excellent leadership, analytical, project management, and creative skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple projects in a very-fast paced environment
- Must possess effective change management
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan