Patient Business Services Representative (Access Registration)Apply Now
About Xtend Healthcare
Xtend Healthcare is a revenue cycle management company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The company's services range from full revenue cycle outsourcing, A/R legacy cleanup and extended business office to coding and consulting engagements. As part of Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI), Xtend taps the strength and scale of a large-scale business processing solutions company. Learn more at www.xtendhealthcare.net
POSITION IS LOCATED AT CLIENT ONSITE - DOWNTOWN HONOLULU, HAWAII.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 7:30 am to 4 pm
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Patient Business Services Representative (Access Registration). This position will be providing a variety of financial and clerical support functions to ensure the optimal operation of the department to include Access Registration, Scheduling, posting financial transactions; debits, credits, process refunds, etc. as needed, working specific work queues, and any other assigned functions related to Revenue Cycle operations.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, account review quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business)
- Accurately complete patient registration, obtain insurance information, and obtain needed authorizations.
- Schedule patients, provide patient support, provide clarification on instructions, and ensure patients are booked for the correct procedures.
- Accurately perform transactions and postings in multiple systems following standard work guidelines
- Post payments, adjustments, process refunds as assigned.
- Print and send claims as assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hospital systems, internal systems, and general accounting principles
- Assist with queues related to Discharged Not Final Billed, Collection Review, Letter Series audits, Self-Pay review, etc.
- Perform basic auditing functions, assisting leadership with special projects related to achieving project Work Standards
- Meet and maintain Quality scores >= 91%.
- Maintain proper work queue management and process, acting where needed per Work Standard guidelines
- Ensure all accounts are worked within client’s project standards
- Follow regulations outlined by state, federal, and third-party coverage procedures.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service experience preferably in an office or call center environment (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Experience with Hospital and/or Physician business office operations preferred.
- Experience with Insurance payers (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Workers Compensation) preferred
- Financial transaction experience in banking, accounts payable or receivables preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality.
- Proficient use of hospital registration and/or billing systems, and Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- Ability to follow regulations outlined by state, federal, and third-party coverage procedures.
- Ability to model the basic values of the mission, vision and values of Xtend Healthcare and the client.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise.
- Ability to post transactions in multiple systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
No jobs have been viewed recently.View all Jobs