Patient Business Services Representative II - Access RegistrationApply Now
About Xtend Healthcare
Xtend Healthcare is a revenue cycle management company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The company's services range from full revenue cycle outsourcing, A/R legacy cleanup and extended business office to coding and consulting engagements. As part of Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI), Xtend taps the strength and scale of a large-scale business processing solutions company. Learn more at www.xtendhealthcare.net
THESE POSITIONS WILL BE ON-SITE ON THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII, KONA, HAWAII.
Hours can vary so shift differential is possible.
The Patient Business Services Rep II-Access Registration is responsible for tasks relating to the completion of patient registration for hospital and/or physician services. The Patient Business Services Rep-Access Registration will be required to have flexibility to learning and comprehending complex hospital systems in order to communicate directly with patients, healthcare providers, physician offices and ensuring the information collection is complete and accurate. The Patient Business Services Rep-Access Registration will be responsible that their patient, payer and provider interactions are carried out according to company, client and federal guidelines.
The Patient Business Services Rep-Access Registration will be required to work schedules that accommodate a 7/24 work schedule and be able to independently make compliant decisions on how to apply HIPAA and FCC regulations.
1. Access Registration Tasks.
- Exceed productivity standards as outlined by business line
- Complete patient registration (post clinical triage of patient) by obtain and verify health plan coverage
- Accurately document patient demographics and health plan information
- Support access registration, insurance verification and authorization functions
- Contact physician offices and/or payers for follow-up on eligibility and authorizations and
- Maintain quality scoring and accuracy on all accounts worked
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions
- Completes timely follow-up on assigned accounts to ensure no cash loss
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work with minimal oversight to meet outlined goals
- Acts as a knowledge resource for team members
- High level understanding of client host system functions
- Clearly documents actions taken and next steps for account resolution in patient accounting system
2. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Work within federal, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies
- Maintain clear, concise, and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications
3. Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management and disseminate to colleagues
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of Access Registration or front office physician healthcare experience
- Minimum of 3 year in hospital or physician operation
- Minimum of 1 year of basic computer skills to include MS Office apps: Outlook, Word, Excel
- (Additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Epic hospital system experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication regulations relating to HIPAA and TCPA and other FCC requirements
- Experience with Insurance payers (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Workers Compensation) preferred
- Remote working experience
- Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality.
- Proficient use of hospital registration and/or billing systems, and Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan