Bilingual Collections Specialist, 9/9 Start (Horseheads)Apply Now
** Must be fluent in both English and Spanish for the Bilingual Collections Specialist **
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services for private and government clients. Headquartered in New York state, we employ more than 1,000 professionals and are the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, NY. We offer excellent growth opportunity for those who work hard, like to celebrate personal and team achievements, and enjoy the occasional opportunity to share your time or talent through company sponsored community events
Join Navient- September 9th as a Bilingual Collections Specialist at $15.50 per hour!
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose. Navient as the next stepping stone in your Career-4-Life! Be proud of where you work, be proud of your Career, join Navient.
Full Benefits- some of them include:
- Pay for performance
- 3 weeks of paid training
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Work Out Room
- Business casual environment
- Variety of Work Schedules including days, nights, weekends
The Bilingual Collections Specialist is responsible for performing collection activities in an effort to recover losses from assigned accounts. The Collections Specialist will locate and communicate with individuals via the telephone and written notices in order to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Additionally, the bilingual collections specialist will resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary as well as perform skip tracing and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and federal and state regulations.
Communicate with individuals in regards to their delinquent debt or outstanding liability.
- Make required number of phone calls daily as determined by management
- Update demographic information on each call.
- Negotiate the best possible arrangement
- Proficiency with company telephone system while placing outbound calls and accepting inbound calls.
- Refer accounts for legal/administrative wage garnishment or special handling processes if applicable as dictated by department and/or client requirements.
Perform skip tracing to locate individuals.
- Use skip-tracing tools to locate the individual in the most efficient manner
- Locate required number of skip accounts as determined by management
- Effectively communicate with third parties to obtain location information
- Profile accounts that are determined unlocatable or exhausted
Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain specified file of accounts per client standards
- Work within FDCPA, state regulations, department/division & DMO Compliance Policies
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications
Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing collections including FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily
The Bilingual Collections Specialist should have excellent verbal communication skills, effective telephone techniques and the ability to be firm, direct, and concise, while maintaining a professional manner at all times; ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity to devise methods of attaining productivity standards, and must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles. Ability and skills to effectively deal with individuals, attorneys, and third parties while remaining professional at all times. Strong work ethic (example: attendance, dependability, etc.)
Training Schedule: 2-3 weeks' full time paid training- Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Regular Schedule (after training): M-F: 3 days 8:00 am- 5:00 pm, 2 nights 12:00 pm- 9:00 pm, AND two 4-hour weekend shifts per month (Sat. 8-12 pm)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- MUST be fluent in both English and Spanish to be eligible to make $1 extra (after training)
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
- ACA certification preference
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills, ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Goal Oriented, and seeks to consistently meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Negotiation, counseling and problem solving skills
- Reliable, ability to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours as required
- Ability to learn company collections computer system and phone system
- Persistent, ability to overcome objections, ability to remove barriers
- Team player
Keywords: customer service, collections, customer care, outbound, inbound, client services, CSR
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.