Collections Specialist, 9/11 TrainingApply Job ID 5369722 Location Horseheads, NY
Join Navient on the AMAZING journey of being a Collections Specialist in our September 11th Paid Training Class!
** Here at Navient our average compensation for a Customer Service Rep. with one year of service averages $35,000 **
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose Navient as the next stepping stone in your Career-4-Life! Be proud of where you work, be proud of your Career, join Navient.
We Pay $12 an hour with Full Benefits: Some of them include:
- Pay for performance
- 3 weeks of paid training
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Work Out Room
- Business casual environment
- Variety of Work Schedules including days, nights, weekends
- On-Site Cafeteria
While working in a team environment with individual goals, the Collections Specialist will effectively communicate with defaulted student loan borrowers via telephone and written notices in order to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements.
- Resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary.
- Perform skip tracing and due diligence functions to ensure compliance of all Federal Regulations, Adheres to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy laws both state and federal.
- One must have the ability to work independently while being a team player; to work in a fast paced collections environment and meet daily, weekly, and monthly quality and productivity requirements.
- Must have PC skills such as; familiarity with using a mouse and working in a Windows environment; good mathematical, calculator, and typing skills.
The Customer Service Representative should have excellent verbal communication skills, effective telephone techniques and the ability to be firm, direct, and concise, while maintaining a professional manner at all times; ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity to devise methods of attaining productivity standards, and must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles. Ability and skills to effectively deal with borrowers, attorneys, and third parties while remaining professional at all times. Strong work ethic (example: attendance, dependability, etc.)
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® (Pioneer) is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services on defaulted debt. Headquartered in New York, Pioneer employs more than 1,000 professionals and is the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, New York. Pioneer also has offices located in Florida and New Jersey.
Pioneer maintains partnerships with federal and state clients, guarantee agencies, credit card providers as well as colleges and universities. Pioneer provides its clients with quality results, experience, leadership, and technology, including state-of-the art infrastructure, telecommunications, and collections systems, ensuring the best the industry has to offer.
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient Corporation and a member of Navient's Collection Services. Navient is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (NASDAQ: NAVI).
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
Training Schedule 3 weeks' full time paid training - Monday - Friday 8 am -- 5 pm Regular Schedule M-F: 3 days 8:00 am- 5:00 pm, 2 nights 12:00 pm- 9:00 pm, AND two 4-hour weekend shifts per month (Sat. 8-12 pm, Sun. 1-5 pm, or Sun. 5-9 pm.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Previous sales or customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic (example: attendance, dependability, etc.)
- Must have reliable transportation to 325 Daniel Zenker Dr, Horseheads, NY
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced collections environment and meet daily, weekly, and monthly quality and productivity requirements.
- Good mathematical, calculator, and typing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, effective telephone techniques and the ability to be firm, direct, and concise, while maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity to devise methods of attaining productivity standards.
- Must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles.
- Ability and skills to effectively deal with borrowers, attorneys, and third parties while remaining professional at all times.