Payment Processor-Horseheads, NY OfficeApply Now
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of parking management services to municipal and commercial clients, including citation processing, debt collections, and integrated parking management services. What started as a family business in 1936 has grown to become a preferred partner of the nation’s parking and tolling authorities with a presence in Canada.
The Payment Processor position is responsible for generating, processing and recording payments accurately, timely, and efficiently
We offer $16.00/ hr PLUS bonus opportunity AND Benefits!!!
This position works in the office at 325 Daniel Zenker Drive Horseheads, NY 14845
Working Hours Monday-Friday 9:15am -6:15pm with occasional weekend hours.
Lucrative employee referral program earning $500/referral after 6 months of service!
Process Consumer Payments
- Access safe utilizing dual controls & obtain payments and documents for daily processing.
- Process payments received in the mail into various collection platforms.
- Run electronic payments (IVR, Web, ACH, etc.) in the applicable collection platform.
- Post returned checks (non-sufficient funds, account closed; etc.) in the applicable collection platform.
- Identify and return payments for accounts that are no longer assigned to our company.
- Log exceptions & suspense items.
- Secure payments and documents in locked storage as needed.
Print and Balance Checks
- Electronically process and print PACs (Pre-Authorized Check Drafts).
- Balance PACs to reports generated from the various platforms.
- Mail checks to clients with lockbox requirements.
- Daily and monthly cash journals, over payment and cash discrepancy reports.
- Over payment report for Operations to review.
- Daily check reports for balancing.
- Other miscellaneous reports when needed.
- Prepare check requests for consumer or POE's (Place of Employment).
- Assist with mail retrieval from the Post Office.
- Sort, open, batch, scan via OPEX and log daily mail.
- Distribute consumer payments and correspondence as per department SOP.
Reconciliation/Daily Bank Deposits
- Reconcile and balance cash journals to the bank deposits.
- Scan and log all payments using the deposit scanner.
- Archive deposit images daily for retention and research.
- Scan daily work to accounting.
- Assist management with policy, and procedural issues involving consumer payments.
- Assist management with payments application conversions or upgrades.
- Internal regulatory training.
- Any other assignments upon request.
- 6 - 12 months experience in collections or a clerical/administrative environment or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have good calculator and math skills.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Customer Service skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Computer Skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Excel effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Have positive can do attitude.
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Flexibility to reorganize day as needed to meet client deadlines.
- Team oriented in accomplishing department goals.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Work quietly and independently.
- Understand and follow NPI and Segregation of Duty procedures at all times.
- Suggest enhancements to processes and assist in creating efficiency's within department.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; talk, hear, and walk; the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.