Manager, Physician Insurance OperationsApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements. We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
The Manager, Physician Insurance Operations is responsible for the supervision of operational tasks and processes as assigned to support multiple and/or complex business objectives for Xtend Healthcare Insurance Operations clients/projects. Provides leadership to team members based in multiple locations to include remote/at home sites, client sites, service centers, and offshore delivery teams. Interfaces directly with clients, outsource partners and suppliers in addition to collaborating with internal business teams.
Responsible for developing and implementing operational processes and policies to facilitate attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. Delivers effective professional communication among internal and external teams. Provides project-specific training during on-boarding and supports the productivity and quality performance of the team. Primary duties include:
- Supervision of multiple and/or complex client specific Insurance Operations tasks and processes for Xtend Healthcare.
- Assigns the work of direct reports – may have up to two Supervisors reporting in as well as managing their own team of Specialists.
- Contributes to the decision to engage, terminate, advance, promote, or change status for employees under their supervision.
- Provide and demonstrate effective leadership and soft skills in supervising operational tasks and processes to facilitate attainment of departmental performance measurements and goals.
- Mentor and develop patient account representatives and other Supervisors on effective revenue cycle techniques necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Facilitate training and serve as an ongoing resource and Subject Matter Expert for revenue cycle operations.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers and members of management.
- Maintain an effective communications process with management, facilitating direction and operational stability.
- Participate in the development and implementation of improvement strategies when objectives are not met.
- Ensure up to date billing and regulatory standards are implemented into workflow.
- Review quality audit results to identify opportunities for training opportunities.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to deploy top flight technology for improved service and reporting.
Analysis and Reporting
- Monitor and analyze productivity, inventory and quality report results to formulate action plans for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure monthly project cash and resolution targets are monitored, leading to resolution of initial and additional inventory placements.
- Establish trust and credibility by fostering a positive relationship with peers and leaders within the client departments supporting revenue cycle.
- Anticipate needs, develop and articulate solutions to prevent potential financial and compliance liability to the client and Xtend Healthcare.
- Support client’s strategic goals develop recommended process flows and implement action plans that maximize efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Lead weekly client meetings and provide supporting information for month end meetings to include trends, root cause analysis.
- Identify and communicate best practices, trends and general industry news.
- Implement methods designed to effectively gather and assess customer feedback.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to identify, design and deploy top flight technology for improved service, reporting and representative efficiency.
- Collaborate to create trending reports that represent key performance metrics to support business decisions and direction.
- Review performance data that measure productivity and goal achievement to ensure attainment of revenue and profitability targets.
- Identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling and collaborate with Manager to develop those opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of project goals and invoices.
- Assist in the management of budgetary information to ensure accurate cost allocation and adherence.
- Identify items/issues that have budgetary impacts and adjust accordingly.
- Assist in collecting detailed requirements and cost benefit document to support need.
Other duties as assigned to meet overall department goals.
- High School Diploma with some College in Business or related degree (Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education).
- 3+ years of experience working in physicians revenue cycle operations environment exceeding expected performance levels. (Additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience).
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in physician revenue cycle.
- Successful track record leading and developing direct reports.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office products.
- Proven knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Data management.
- Project management.
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
- Effective team building, coaching and leadership skills required.
- Developed verbal, written, presentation and overall communication skills.
- Ability to establish client trust and credibility and maintain positive professional business relationships with all levels of the client and Xtend Healthcare organization.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple projects in a very-fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to efficiently lead and coordinate one or more teams to deliver the desired results.
- Highly developed ability to problem solve and make decisions. Must be able to identify root causes to problems and develop solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, prioritize process flow development and strategize resources to implement effective change.
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative and self-direction
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.