Sr. Supervisor, Physician RCM OperationsApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements. We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
The Sr Supervisor, Physician RCM Operations is responsible for the supervision of operational tasks and processes as assigned to support multiple and/or complex business objectives for Xtend Healthcare Physician Operations clients/projects. Provides direct oversight to team members performing services across the entire continuum of the revenue cycle to include eligibility, pre-registration, billing, AR follow-up, denials and appeals management, credit balance processing, bad debt processing, payment and adjustment posting. Team members are based in multiple locations to include remote/at home sites, client sites, service centers, and offshore delivery teams. Interfaces directly with clients at the Director level and above to include creating and communicating weekly and monthly performance reporting as compared to MGMA standards, developing and executing on performance improvement plans as needed, and identifying and tracking issues to timely and full resolution. Experience managing and communicating with outsource partners and suppliers, to include offshore vendor management, in addition to collaborating with internal business teams across other service lines is desired.
Responsible for developing and implementing operational processes and policies to facilitate attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. Experience managing work events and identifying trends and opportunities for improvement in a non-standard operational environment as well as managing across multiple physician practice management and electronic medical records platforms is critical to success in this role. Develops training materials and personally provides training to team members across all functions of the physician revenue cycle and across multiple systems. Manages productivity and quality performance of the team according to scope and requirements specific to the client and the practice management system. Primary duties include:
- Supervision of multiple clients and multiple teams and/or complex clients within the physician revenue cycle operations for Xtend Healthcare
- Self manage training on client systems and trains staff on the systems
- Assigns the work of direct reports and directly manages the work events, production, and quality of a multi- functional team
- Creates performance reports and directly communicates with the client on a weekly and monthly basis on KPI’s and performance improvement plans.
1. People Management
- Provide and demonstrate effective leadership and soft skills in supervising operational tasks and processes to facilitate attainment of departmental and client specific performance measurements and goals.
- Mentor and develop multi-functional team members across the revenue cycle continuum on effective revenue cycle techniques necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Develop client specific and system specific training materials and directly provides training to team members as well as serves as an ongoing resource and Subject Matter Expert for physician revenue cycle operations.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers and members of management.
2. Operations Management
- Maintain an effective communications process with management, facilitating direction and operational stability.
- Participate in the development and implementation of improvement strategies when objectives are not met.
- Ensure up to date billing and regulatory standards are implemented into workflow.
- Perform and/or review quality audit results to identify opportunities for training opportunities.
- Collaborate with other leaders to effectively manage operational improvement plans across multiple client practice management systems and manage inventory and reporting via the Xtend proprietary workflow tool when available.
3. Client Management/ Analysis and Reporting
- Monitor and analyze productivity, inventory and quality report results to formulate action plans for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure monthly project cash and resolution targets are monitored, leading to resolution of initial and additional inventory placements.
- Develop weekly and monthly client facing KPI reporting, customized to the client scope and practice management system, and lead client facing meetings providing supporting information for month end meetings to include trends, root cause analysis, etc.
- Establish trust and credibility by fostering a positive relationship with peers and leaders within the client departments supporting revenue cycle.
- Anticipate needs, develop and articulate solutions to prevent potential financial and compliance liability to the client and Xtend Healthcare.
- Support client’s strategic goals develop recommended process flows and implement action plans that maximize efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Identify and communicate best practices, trends and general industry news.
- Implement methods designed to effectively gather and assess customer feedback.
4. Strategic Planning
- Collaborate with Information Technology and other leaders to identify, design and deploy top flight technology for improved service, reporting and representative efficiency.
- Review performance data that measures productivity and goal achievement to ensure attainment of revenue and profitability targets for each of the clients under direct management.
- Identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling and collaborate with leader to develop those opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of project goals and invoices.
- Assist in the management of budgetary information to ensure accurate cost allocation and adherence.
- Identify items/issues that have budgetary impacts and adjust accordingly.
- Assist in collecting detailed requirements and cost benefit document to support need.
- Some college or job-related certifications (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education).
- 7+ years of experience working in physician revenue cycle operations environment exceeding expected performance levels.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in physician revenue cycle and/or clinic operations.
- Successful track record leading and developing direct reports.
- Successful track record managing performance to MGMA industry standards.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office products, and multiple practice management systems.
- Proven knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Data management.
- Project management
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
- Effective team building, coaching and leadership skills required.
- Developed verbal, written, presentation and overall communication skills.
- Ability to establish client trust and credibility and maintain positive professional business relationships with all levels of the client and Xtend Healthcare organization.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple clients and multiple teams in a very-fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to efficiently lead and coordinate one or more teams to deliver the desired results.
- Highly developed ability to problem solve and make decisions. Must be able to identify root causes to problems and develop solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, prioritize process flow development and strategize resources to implement effective change.
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative with minimal direction.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan