Director, Insurance OperationsApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS POSITION IS ON-SITE IN LIBERAL, KANSAS.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Director, Insurance Operations. This position is responsible for the project level management of operations, training, planning and strategic direction to support business objectives for multiple assigned Xtend Healthcare Insurance Operations clients/projects. Drives performance improvement and corresponding revenue growth, while maintaining optimum service levels and the highest possible quality work product. Oversees teams based in multiple locations to include remote/at home sites, client sites, service centers, and offshore delivery teams. Interfaces directly with clients, outsource partners and suppliers, in addition to collaborating with internal business teams to implement and manage growth plans.
Responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing operational plans and policies to ensure attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. Responsible for the optimization of performance and effective employee/client management and communication. Assists with the development of new business. Develops comprehensive reporting and analysis tools including performance metrics and productivity reports with long term trending models to support business decisions and strategic direction. Primary duties include:
- Management of multiple client specific Insurance Operations practices for Xtend Healthcare
- Consistently directs the work of multiple direct reports
- Responsible for the decision to engage, terminate, advance, promote, or change status for employees under their direct or indirect supervision
1. Client Management
- Establish trust and credibility by fostering a positive relationship with senior executives, management and departments supporting revenue cycle.
- Anticipate needs, develop, and articulate solutions to prevent potential financial and compliance liability to the client and Xtend Healthcare.
- Identify client’s strategic goals and opportunities and lead the development and presentation of recommended process flows and action plans that maximize efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Lead weekly and monthly client meetings to present analysis, executive summaries, or proposals, as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate best practices, trends, and general industry news.
- Develop methods designed to effectively gather and assess customer feedback.
2. Project Management
- Develop and implement efficient processes to execute the scope according to the terms defined in the project task order.
- Ensure monthly project cash and resolution targets are established and monitored, leading to resolution of initial and additional inventory placements.
- Analyze productivity, inventory, and quality results to formulate action plans for continuous performance improvement.
- Create and present monthly executive reporting and provides editorial comments. This includes detail inventory analysis and the approval of executive summaries and other key reporting as appropriate.
- Disseminate information regarding the corporation, industry, competition, and other relative issues to management staff.
3. Strategic Planning
- Partner with Information Technology to identify, design and deploy topflight technology for improved service, reporting and efficiencies.
- Review performance data that measure productivity and goal achievement to ensure attainment of revenue and profitability targets.
- Partner with other departments to ensure a thorough understanding of the servicing area to design and implement highly effective and efficient customer service strategies.
- Identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling and communicate with Senior Manager, Vice President, and sales team to develop those opportunities.
4. Team Development
- Mentor and develop managers on the continuous improvement of revenue cycle techniques, necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Provide and demonstrate effective leadership and soft skills in managing operations to ensure attainment of departmental performance measurements and goals.
- Facilitate training and serve as an ongoing resource and Subject Matter Expert for revenue cycle operations.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers and members of management.
5. Budget Management
- Create monthly project goals and invoices.
- Manage budgetary reports to ensure accurate cost allocation and adherence. Recognize items/issues that have budgetary impacts and adjust accordingly.
- Provide detailed requirements and cost benefit document to support need.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- 5+ years of experience working in revenue cycle operations environment exceeding expected performance levels. (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the level of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of Management/Supervisory experience in revenue cycle outsourcing, managing multiple operations sites, and offshore operations management.
- Successful track record leading and developing direct reports.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office products.
- Strong presentation/public speaking experience in large groups
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative and self-direction.
- Proven experience leading strategic initiatives with both direct and indirect reports.
- Proven knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan