Business Systems AnalystApply Now
Be proud of where you work, be proud of your career. Join Navient.
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose Navient as the next stepping stone in your career.
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of business processing services to government clients, including citation processing, debt collection, and integrated parking and tolling customer service.
We are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst. This position is responsible for supporting business design, configuration and development of systems. This individual will provide business analysis and testing analysis and support. You will also work with business unit staff and/or Systems and Technical Analysts to develop and interpret business system design. Plus you will also, work with technical staff to interpret and translate business system design to technical system design.
There are two main functions that you will be responsible for in this position.
Business Systems Analysis
- Assisting in the development and documenting of business system design and function specifications.
- Assist in the analyze business user needs to develop solutions, with the overall goal of improving business process, efficiency and end-user self-sufficiency.
- Assist with creating and maintaining conceptual systems design documentation, test scripts, release plans problem and change process flow and issue resolution logs.
- Gather, compile and synthesize information with regard to business processes or systems
- Recreate and document system software deficiencies through the testing process and daily interaction with end-users. Recommend solutions for deficiencies.
- Lead new client implementations: gather business rules, analyze conversion data, and configure software to meet client needs, work with a wide variety of internal staff to successfully onboard new clients.
- Report writing and data analysis: use various reporting tools to crate and run reports, format data for client and management, accurately analyze results.
Developer and Test Support
- Supports Development resources by answering questions, performing additional analysis.
- Supports Test execution by researching and dispositioning defects.
- Test new software releases: develop test plans, thoroughly test new functionality, perform regression testing.
- Bachelors Degree required in Business, MIS, Computer Technology or related field
- 0-1 year business system, technology and/or business process experience.
- Must understand the full software development cycle
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent project manager skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have proven knowledge of relational databases
- Must have proven knowledge of data manipulation tools (Oracle/SQL Server)
- Ability to create and run queries (PL/SQL)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.