Invoicing SpecialistApply Now
AtNavient, ourmissionis to enhance the financial success of our customers by delivering innovative solutions and insights with compassion and personalized service. Our Invoicing Specialist will support this mission by handling day to day invoicing procedures, reconciliations of client invoices and client communication. Our ideal candidate will be an engaging team player with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
We strive to be the best. We're stronger together. We innovate always and everywhere. We earn the trust of our customers and colleagues.
- Generate and manage AR aging report in accounting and collection system, including regular follow-ups on outstanding AR
- Perform data entry, create spreadsheets, communicate invoice related issues to management and resolve customer AR and payment problems as they relate to invoicing
- Prepare, review & submit electronic payment data thru specific data transmission methods accurately and on a timely basis, invoice and payment submittal reconciliations as needed
- Process A/R payment posting and GL entry preparation in accounting system
- Post invoice payments received by client to AR database in the collection system and update appropriate tracking logs to reflect payment receipt
- Effectively & professionally communicate with clients & staff at all levels. Establish, maintain & manage relationships with clients and their accounts in a timely and accurate fashion
- Produce client invoices using multiple systems and perform QA, inspection and necessary corrections on all invoice transactions, as they relate to specific client requirements
- Process account adjustments in both collection and accounting system, prepare GL entries, End of Day posting balancing & Month End Closing
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as required
- Assist with various audit requests and participate in gathering documentation, compile detail data such as accounts, payments and invoices trace and testing
- Maintain and create SOPs as needed
Analysis and Reporting
- Input credit and debits to the accounting system in support of the receivable and payables work
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Update and maintain daily revenue tracking reports for management team
- Process over payment checks, client check corrections, and positive pay
- Cash management and related treasury functions such as multiple bank accounts activity monitoring, process check stop pay, void and reissue functions
- Process ACH payments to multiple clients daily, weekly, Semi-monthly and monthly accurately and timely
- High school/ GED/ equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in billing/invoicing or related field
- College Degree
- AP experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficient in Excel
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of data transmission methods
- Able to adapt quickly and positively to change
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.