Payment Desk SpecialistApply Now
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose Navient as the next stepping stone in your career.
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of parking management services to municipal and commercial clients, including citation processing, debt collections, and integrated parking management services.
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Our Payment Desk Specialists earn $13.50 an hour and are eligible forFull Benefits.
Payment Desk Specialists support in-person customer payments in one of any 3 locations in Milwaukee for the City of Milwaukee client. This may require ticket entry, permit handling, and customer research as well.
Some Benefits include:
- Paid Holidays
- Up to 3 weeksof PTO
- Medical, dental, vision- Coverage effective within weeks of starting!
- 401k(plus employer match after 6 mo)
- Tuition Reimbursement- Immediately Eligible!
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor for in-person customer interactions
- Answers general customer questions regarding payment options based upon their unique account identification information
- Responsible for closing and securing the payment lobby at the time designated by the company
- Receives and counts payments from customers in person
- Responsible to secure monies in cash drawer and/or location vault
- Provide change and balance cash drawer
- Track and archive payment transactions and account notes
- Balance cash drawer
- Reconcile daily work
- Create deposit and work with vendors to send to the bank and/or Corporate office
Permit and account handling
- Enter data as needed for permits or FACS account creation
- Ensure accurate account transactions
- May assist in Lockbox
Other job duties/responsibilities as assigned
Monday-Friday 8 AM-5 PM/ 9 AM-6 PM
Rotating Saturdays (1-2/ mo) 8 AM- 12 PM
Schedule dependent on business needs/ location
- High School diploma/ GED/ equivalent
- 1 year handling payments and payment research (additional education may substitute)
- Open Availability during business hours (Monday-Friday 8 AM- 6 PM, Saturday 8 AM- 12 PM)
- Experience with Auto-process and/or FACS system preferred
- Knowledge of bank regulations preferred
- Knowledge of Court Procedures preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to navigate easily between internet, intranet and several proprietary systems in gathering and relaying information
- Regular attendance during regularly-scheduled business hours
- Subject to in-person supervision during working hours
- In-person interaction with co-workers and supervisors
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan