Proposal WriterApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
** This position can be located at any Navient or subsidiary location **
The Proposal Writer is a key member of the Proposal Management Team responsible for ensuring Navient turns out the highest quality proposal responses across all lines of business. This individual will ensure the timely development and delivery of compliant, competitive and accurate responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Responsible for developing competitive and compliant responses to RFPs.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials are of the highest quality—compliant with requirements, purposeful, concise, complete, accurate, consistent in format, and free from error.
- Maintain proposal schedule and all deliverables of assigned proposals; communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to key stakeholders and the proposal team, following up as needed.
- Read and comprehend all RFP related correspondence as assigned.
- Independent decision making to creatively and effectively compose all responses to RFPs.
- Complete production and delivery of RFPs as assigned to ensure deadlines are met.
- Summarize proposals for management review as requested.
- Communicate and interact with internal and external clients throughout the proposal lifecycle as needed to ensure all client needs related to the proposal are met.
- Send follow up summaries and reports to stakeholders as directed.
- Responsible for updating RFP library as necessary and under the direction of the Director, Proposal Management.
- This individual will collaborate with other team members on custom projects as assigned.
- Support the Director, Proposal Management with other departmental responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Assist Director, Proposal Management in preparing reports as needed.
- Create summary reports detailing debriefing notes on RFP’s submitted to prospective clients including suggestions for improvements/enhancements to current materials and/or process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Specialized Writing, English or related Field
- Additional equivalent experience may be in lieu of education
- 1-3 years’ experience in specialized writing or RFP writing
- Exceptional writing, editing, organization and project management skills.
- Creativity along with high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Products (i.e. Office Suite and other applicable graphic software)
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization including management, consultants, support staff and team members.
- Multi-task oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work load
- Prior project management experience
- Experience in the collection industry
- Ability to work well both individually and as a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under stress, interruptions, and tight deadlines
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.