Supervisor, Payment OperationsApply Now
We're proud of our people. Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. It's time to make that move, choose Navient as the next stepping stone in your career.
Be proud of where you work, be proud of your Career. Join Navient.
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of parking management services to municipal and commercial clients, including citation processing, debt collections, and integrated parking management services.
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
The Payment Operations Supervisor is responsible for departmental controls, procedural documentation, internal/ external audits, reporting, process development and other special projects. This position will also oversee high volume payment handling across multiple walk up payment centers.
- Daily supervision to ensure required tasks are completed efficiently, accurately and timely
- Provide training and guidance to employees as needed or directed by the Director
- Scheduling and management of staff during daily and month end close process
- Interview and selection for staffing needs
- Establish and oversee short-term and long-term goals
- Review and approve staffs’ assigned tasks for completeness and accuracy
Coordinate and Oversee System Enhancements, Client Modifications and Reporting
- Oversee and lead user acceptance testing (i.e., system modifications and client changes)
- Provide guidance and assistance in preparing, reviewing, and issuing departmental reports
- Responsible for ensuring that all daily reporting for the department is accurate and complete
- Plan, document and coordinate Business Resumption and Impact Analyses
- Ensure the proper application of consumer payments and review and approve the end of day payments received reconciliation
Plan, Organize, Coordinate and Oversee Department Controls
- Develop & maintain effective preventive and detective controls for existing and new clients
- Test, document and update controls in accordance with ICE/Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Ensure operating policies and procedures are consistent with the business objectives
- Compile department documentation for internal and external auditors
- Conduct root/cause analyzes and oversee the implementation of appropriate modifications
Assist in Planning, Maintaining and Implementing New Payment Functionality
- Develop and implement specialized payment processing solutions for clients
- Test and assist in new payment file layout and image file requirements
- Responsible for efficient, effective and secure payment operations in all remote cashier sites.
- Responsible for review and testing of new client set ups
- Review and respond to Request for Proposals
Develop and Modify Policies/ Procedures and Standardize Forms
- Maintain updated department-wide Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Develop new procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and client requirements
Additional Duties as Assigned by Management
- College level study in Accounting/ Business Management/ Finance or other related area (additional experience may substitute)
- 2 plus years of accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, banking or call center operations experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide and follow instructions
- 2 – 3 years working with various types of payment processing in the collection industry or equivalent
- Supervision of multiple staff employees
- Experience in fast paced or high demand environment
- Knowledge of general accounting
- Knowledge of audit procedures and controls
- Microsoft Access experience
- Analytical Skills
- Intermediate level user in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to analyze financial information and provide recommendation based on analysis
- Flexibility with work hours and workloads to meet departmental deadlines
- Team-oriented philosophy in accomplishing department goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for communicating at several organizational levels
- Must be able to stay organized while working on multiple projects
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.